We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand mosque

usa
Level Contributor
1,979 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Grand mosque

Are infants (tourists) allowed inside the grand mosque? Read on some website that children under 10 are not allowed in prayer halls. Not sure if that is the correct information.

Thanks

JP
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand mosque

Hi, I believe anyone is allowed for visiting/sightseeing.

For muslim prayers, usually small children are not allowed to pray during Ramadhan special prayer (taraweeh), but in the reality some children come to pray and as far as they don't bother other prayer's praying, there'd be no problem, I suppose... :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
214 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand mosque

Non muslim children under 12 are not allowed.

Open for public(non muslims) from 8am to 11 am from saturday to thursday.

Women should cover their heads and wear long sleeve tops.

usa
Level Contributor
1,979 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand mosque

Are non muslim children under 12 not allowed in any part of the mosque or just not in the prayer halls?

Thanks

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand mosque

I believe that the rule only applies to the prayer halls, and it is actually 10 years old. Information about it is pretty conflicting though.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
214 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand mosque

It applies when entering main prayer hall and ladies prayer hall only ! kids can enter the garden and surrounding of prayer halls.

But, security may not allow you to enter the garden after 11.00.

Edited: 02 February 2013, 02:51
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
214 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand mosque

It applies when entering main prayer hall and ladies prayer hall only ! kids can enter the garden and surrounding of prayer halls.

But, security may not allow you to enter the garden after 11.00.

Edited: 02 February 2013, 02:51
usa
Level Contributor
1,979 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand mosque

Thanks for this information guys! I will plan accordingly!

8. Re: Grand mosque

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2014, 07:17