We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from dubai to muscat

Toronto, Canada
13 posts
Save Topic
Bus from dubai to muscat

Hi,

My husband and I land in dubai at 1010am on a Saturday and we would like to take a bus to muscat from dubai since the next available flight is at 7pm that day

I've read some forum articles but haven't seen anything recent on the topic. Other than the ontc, are there any other bus services available?

Suggestions are welcome .

Thanks in advance

Toronto, Canada
13 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from dubai to muscat

One more thing - we are both Canadian passport holders and if we take the bus to muscat, do we get a visa at the border or do we have to per apply?

We plan to going to dubai after our stay in muscat, does anyone know if we will be ok visa wise? I'll post in the UAE forums as well.

Thanks in advance

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from dubai to muscat

As far as I know, ONTC is the only company with routes from Dubai to Muscat.

Technically, you shouldn't have to get an Omani visa if you are flying in through Dubai and still have at least 3 weeks validity on that visa (Dubai). I believe there are no restrictions for land crossings, but you might want to search around a little bit to make sure.

Here is the ROP link which, if you can understand any of their English, tries to detail the arrangement.

www.rop.gov.om/english/dg_pr_visas_dubai.asp

3. Re: Bus from dubai to muscat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Muscat Governorate