We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage Transfer

Which Doha hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
241 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Luggage Transfer

We are flying with Qatar Airlines to Krabi (Thailand) via Doha (one and half hour stop) and Bangkok in November. Does anyone Know if our luggage will go straight through to Krabi or will we have to collect it at Bangkok as I think we continue to Krab on Air Asia.

Thanks.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,303 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage Transfer

Your baggage will be tagged all the way through only up till Bangkok. Because Air Asia is a budget carrier, they do not offer baggage interlining facilities with other full service carriers. Hence, you will need to pick up your luggage at Bangkok and check in again on Air Asia for your onward flight to Krabi.

Enjoy your holiday! =D

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
241 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggage Transfer

Thought so. Thanks for confirming that Checkers. Done it once before but it was a few years ago and with Thai international, and couldn't remember what we did. Coming back at Krabi airport they let us pay a small fee and luggage was checked in all the way to Heathrow, which was great. But that was all Thai Airlines.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,303 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luggage Transfer

My pleasure, Shootingstars!

Enjoy your holiday in Krabi ;-P ... Heard it's a beautiful place.

london
Level Contributor
148 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luggage Transfer

also check your baggage allowance for both carriers, we have just done a similar trip with Emirates transferred at Bangkok for Phuket we had to pay for a upgraded allowance before departure so we could bring all our shopping back. have fun

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
241 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luggage Transfer

Thanks ashtry. Intend to do that as I think Air Asia is only 15kgs each, which is a pain. We will have to travel light or pay for extra weight. Not to sure about that.

london
Level Contributor
148 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luggage Transfer

To be honest, i don't remember it being very expencive to upgrade the weight limit, but! i did find everything i wanted in Bangkok for much cheaper so didn't really need it.

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
241 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luggage Transfer

Hi Ashtry,

This will be our 7th time to Thailand and the first time we are not staying in Bangkok. Going straight on to Krabi. Not really going with a view to shopping this time but I'm sure I will see something I can't resist.

Do go to Krabi if you get the chance. You said you had heard it was beautiful and it is. We stay at the Krabi Thai Holiday Village and it's lovely. In a quiet location but within walking distance of everthing.

The Islands are enchanting the people lovely and the food is wonderful and cheap. Mind you the exchange rate is rubbish at the moment.Hope it improves a little before November.

Cheers.

london
Level Contributor
148 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luggage Transfer

sounds wonderful. just up my street so i will check it out. thanks x

9. Re: Luggage Transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2010, 05:16