We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of taxi's in general

Bedfordshire...
Level Contributor
808 posts
228 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of taxi's in general

Are the taxi charges equivalent to Dubai prices? My husband is a wheelchair user so we use taxi all the time.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
709 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of taxi's in general

It would be a little more cheaper in Doha than Dubai. Say about QR 1 to QR 2 cheaper.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
863 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of taxi's in general

The taxi prices are very similar to Dubai with minimum fare of 10qr. The start off rate is 4 qr then as per the mileage. I have travelled in taxis in Dubai and Doha many times and they were similar in cost.

Leicestershire...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of taxi's in general

Also beware that a lot of the legal taxi drivers are now not usng their meter (illegal) and merely saying 'pay me what you think', this often works out more expensive! Insist that the meter is turned on... As Doha is a relatively small place any inner city taxi should not cost you more than QR20-25.

4. Re: Cost of taxi's in general

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 11:42