We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doha Living Expenses

Coimbatore, India
2 posts
Save Topic
Doha Living Expenses

Hi There,

This is Vicky from India, I have a job offer in Qatar Airways(Doha) and I will be be paid minimum of 7000 QR per month to maximum of 1000 QR per month. I will be working as a Network Engineer(IT) . I would like to know about the living and food expenses in Doha(Qatar) and how much money can be saved??. Could anyone please help me out with the reply?

Thanks in Advance,

Vignesh

243 replies to this topic
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
328 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Doha Living Expenses

I visited a friend for two weeks last November and found the food prices much less than what we see in the United States. Many of the restaurants I found it costing under 16 QR for two meals and beverage. There is low cost housing in Doha but you get what you pay for.

Leicestershire...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Doha Living Expenses

Does your salary include cost of housing and transport or is this aditional? A very important factor as housing in Qatar is very expensive. As your employer will be QR they do have staff accomodation aand transport usually provided. You will need to confirm if this cost is included in your salary.

If you avoid the hotels (which i assume that you would?) eating out in Qatar is quite cheap.

Delhi
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Doha Living Expenses

Hi All

I am Karan from India, I have been offered a job in Qatar with a salary of 10,000 QR per month excluding accommodation expenses. I would like to know about the living and food expenses in Doha (Qatar) and how expensive is a decent shared accommodation. Also, I have heard that the healthcare expenses are very high in the country, is it true?

Warm Regards,

Karan

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Qatar
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Doha Living Expenses

@Karan

Below should give you some idea on living expenses in Qatar. .

First and foremost we are very fortunate in Qatar that Government of Qatar provides world class health care to citizens and residents alike. As residents we only have to pay 100 QR a year to procure health card and after that all health care is provided completely free of charge. I know someone who had open heart surgery and did not have to pay even one riyal.

There are not many places in the world where government provides this level of health care, we as residents are very lucky to be in Qatar.

This will give you some idea on accommodation expense, not applicable to you if accommodation is provided by your company. If you rent a room in a flat, approx cost of good room would be around 1500 - 2000 QR. Independent flat would cost you minimum 4000-5000 QR.

Transportation, if you get a private taxi on monthly contract, approx cost between 500 to 700 QR

Food cost depends on you, are cooking or eating out, if you are cooking than your monthly grocery bill should be between 600 - 800 QR per month, you are eating out than it will be minimum 50 riyals per day.

Qatar is expensive but people on all salary scales live here, depends on your lifestyle and opportunities available back home.

let me know if you need more info.

Take Care

Beast666

Leicestershire...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Doha Living Expenses

beast666 has covered most of the points raised, biggest cost of living in Qatar is accommodation which is rising daily, eating out is quite cheap, food brought locally likewise

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Doha Living Expenses

Hi there,

Does anyone know what the accommodation is like for a grade 06 qatar airways employee is like?

Leicestershire...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Doha Living Expenses

@londonman: Never been inside the QR accommodation, they have a lot of places scattered around Doha. I do however know quite a few QR employees and they all seem happy with the standard. Cannot imagine that it is of poor quality. If you will be starting work for them I am sure that their HR can give you a guide as what each grade qualifies for?

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Doha Living Expenses

Thanks @billa55. They have told me what to expect but cannot provide me with any pictures or the location until they allocate me a room, which only happens when I accept the offer.

Getting the exact inforamtion from the HR team is hard and they have told me it will be grade 05/06.

Lets see what happens.

Lahore, Punjab...
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Doha Living Expenses

Hello,

I am a doctor and I have been offered a job from polyclinic. They offered me salary of 8000 QR with accomodation. I have to move with my two school going children. I am concerned about their school expenses. I have no idea about the life in Doha. Can any body guide me about the routine life and expendituires.

Warm regards.

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Qatar
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Doha Living Expenses

@ Londonman2013 Qatar Airways gives a choice to either take accommodation allowance or stay in QR accommodation. Standard of accommodation is relative to your grade and standard also differs from building to building, in your grade scale you will probably have to share a flat.

You will be able to switch room and building after you get here, most people after coming here make friends and move to different buildings.

Welcome to Qatar, and if you need more info get in touch

Take Care

Beast666

Reply to: Doha Living Expenses
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted