We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which taxi to choose

Which Doha hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
India
Level Contributor
141 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
which taxi to choose

I have a couple of questions regarding the taxi service in Doha, from the international airport to some close by hotel.

1) are the taxi drivers trustworthy? (I mean, I have seen in some coutries that they take a LONG route, just to increase the price)

2) I read somewhere that there is a big price difference between the taxi from a hotel and from a regular taxi. Are the regular taxis easy to get, or do they not go to the international airport or to some hotels.

3) what would be a reasonable taxi fare from the airport to a close by hotel. (not too expensive)

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Qatar
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which taxi to choose

@Jodhagirl - When you come out of airport turn right and you can see turquoise color Taxis parked, take only turquoise color taxi, do not respond to people who ask you for taxi when you come out of the airport.

1) Turquoise color taxis at airport are operated by a government company called KARWA, most drivers are trust worthy, but there always is possibility that you might find the bad seed. But in general most drivers are good.

2) Hotels offer limousine service which can be expensive, normal taxis will always be cheaper than the limo

3) Taxi meter from airport starts at 25 QR rest is depended on distance, it really depends on how far your hotel is but generally should not be more than 50 QR total.

Have a pleasant stay in Qatar

Beast666

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
405 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which taxi to choose

Joda - lived in Doha for 20-Years now, and I would say take the Karwa service from the airport to your hotel or arrange for the hotel to collect you. Do not use the individuals who walk up to you and ask up you if you want a taxi as they are not registered. Even with the Karwa taxis always make sure the meter is turned on, especially if you are moving at night. There are limousine services at most shopping malls and for sure at hotels which will all charge higher prices than Karwa, but offer a decent service. In general taxis are expensive, especially limos. Anything else let me know.

Nashville, Tennessee
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: which taxi to choose

Be careful of getting tricked by Fox Transport. They have now tricked me twice. The drivers were late, they got lost, I missed my meetings and then they tried to charge me 20% more than the average taxi service in Qatar.

I would recommend using Cabz transport. They are much more reliable, cost friendly and polite

4. Re: which taxi to choose

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2015, 07:17