We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa upon arrival Doha airport

Algiers, Algeria
2 posts
Save Topic
Visa upon arrival Doha airport

Hello, I am planning on visiting my Aunt who lives in Doha and I am confused about the visa. I am a US passport holder but i have no credit card nor a bank account. I will ve heading to qatar from Algeria (where i cant buy qatari ryal) what should i do to get the visa?

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Qatar
Level Contributor
2,793 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa upon arrival Doha airport

You have a problem, you are entitled for visa on arrival as you are a US passport holder but you need to have a bank card to pay the visa fee. You cannot pay visa fee using cash, so carrying Qatari riyal will be of no use, you have to have bank card either debit or credit.

Solution, Open a temporary account in Algeria with any Algerian bank and get a ATM card, will take couple of days, ensure you have around 50 USD dollar equivalent in that account.

Take Care

Beast666

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa upon arrival Doha airport

Other than a credit card what other information/documents do you need to have to obtain tourist visa upon arrival in Doha? Family of 4 travelling, wife and children are US passport holders and husband has a British passport. Thank you.

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Qatar
Level Contributor
2,793 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa upon arrival Doha airport

@NigelNick

No other documents or information is required other than bank card and valid passport.

Take Care

Beast666

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa upon arrival Doha airport

Thank you,

Best.

5. Re: Visa upon arrival Doha airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2015, 05:27