We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sent the Complaint to Mr Akbar Al Baker,CEO, Qatar Airways

Which Doha hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Doha, Qatar
1 post
Save Topic
Sent the Complaint to Mr Akbar Al Baker,CEO, Qatar Airways

Dear Sir,

Our son, Age 14, traveled on 25-12-2013 from Chennai (India) to Doha in QR 529. I submitted the unaccompanied minor Request (UMR) on 20-12-2013 and Endorsed by you.

On 25-12-2013, 1.00 AM , From the Chennai airport, we called your Qatar airways Chennai airport mobile number (91 9789992393), they are not responded properly and they refused to come out to security gate to take my children, they said “If age 14, directly come to Booking Desk”.(In india, only ticket holder is allowed to Booking desk as per security).

After some argument, they came out and we handover the PASSPORT and original & copy of UMR. After security check-in, they are returned back the passport to my son. Then, No one guided properly and also they are not handed over copy of UMR to your Flight Cabin Crew.

In Qatar air port, no one available to receive and further emigration process. He struggled to Move further from the flight. With help of one passenger, he Find the one QR representative near emigration counter. He helped further. But, while handover, he did not asked us, our ID reference, without any reference, he handover our son to us.

We have few Questions, Now.

With proper UMR, we handed over the children PASSPORT to you. but after security check-in and the passport returned to my son in Chennai air port. If PASSPORT is lost during travel, who will be responsible?

Who will be responsible for my children if he had any problem in air port? (Trap or miss)

He struggled in Qatar airport inside and mentally upset, who will take care?

What will be remedy for our extreme endless pain during QR journey for my son?

Finally, We would like to know, what are the service provided by Qatar airways if UMR is given?

E-ticket No:157-4361372304

57 replies to this topic
Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Qatar
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sent the Complaint to Mr Akbar Al Baker,CEO, Qatar Airways

No one here represents Qatar Airways and neither am i aware that Qatar Airways monitors this forum, hence I will suggest If not done so already please register your complain using

www.qatarairways.com/qa/en/tell-us.page

Take Care

Beast666

Edited: 26 December 2013, 07:05
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Sent the Complaint to Mr Akbar Al Baker,CEO, Qatar Airways

this is not just about Qatar Airways. @qatarairways monitoring this site. As trip advisor I am sure all aspects and experiences of all services involved in making a trip either comfortable or not is relevant to the Advisor part of your name. This letter is a reminder to all that the claim that qatar airwars is making with the heavy PR petro Dollars they are spending to get a reputation of being 5 STAR is a sham and they are anything but that. I had heard about Qatar airways only when it showed up on most travel agents ist of the cheapest tickets to most destinations especially to India from USA and that is all they are. The CHEAPEST airline and far from being 5 star. I have had my own experiences with them 2 months ago and dealing with them is a saga I am still in the middle of. I am sure this letter was sent to the appropriate people in the airline who I know don't give a damn so it is best to make the traveler beware since they come here and trust your users first hand experience. All is well until it goes wrong and what separates the men from the boys is how they handle their business when things go wring and Qatar Airways is by far the most immature Airline I have come across. I have over a million miles of flying under my best so I know what I am talking about. #qatarairwaysunethical #Qatarairwayscheap

Leicestershire...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sent the Complaint to Mr Akbar Al Baker,CEO, Qatar Airways

@anil: The whole purpose of sites such as this is to share experiences, good and bad, and ask named experts for local help about a destination. I have personally been a regular user of QR for a number of years and have also had mixed experiences with them. I have also tried other local carriers such as Emirates & Etihad. Conclusion is that they are all much the same, are all transit airlines and should be taken as such. I have never used the UMR but from your comments it certainly does need to be reviewed by the airline (s). Your post will hopefully highlight to others that care and precaution is needed.

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Doha, Kerala
Level Contributor
10,891 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sent the Complaint to Mr Akbar Al Baker,CEO, Qatar Airways

I feel that unlike in the past, airlines industry is generally moving away from the personallised services. But, as Billa55 has said, this is not confined to Qatar Airways alone. I have had unpleasant experiences with many Middle East airlines and at the same time I have also had very good experiences with European airlines like Lufthansa, KLM, Virgin etc. Personally, I feel that European airlines are far ahead on this matter. With regard to Qatar Airways, I feel that their business class passengers are well taken care of.

1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Sent the Complaint to Mr Akbar Al Baker,CEO, Qatar Airways

Today had a bad experience with Qatar Airways, was travelling from London to Lahore via Doha, i missed my connecting flight due to first flight was delayed, and next flight is after 24 hours. now im waiting after more than 6 hours flight at airport and have to wait for another almost 20 hours. when i request for a accommodation than one of the staff member (Mehdi Zia) said in a very rude and hard words that in my case they won't offer any waiting area so i have to stay awake till my flight, and than i request for a safe place for my luggage than he use same words and leave me with my luggage which is really very unprofessional what ever the situation and who ever im.

im sure there will be some professional guys who will teach this guy how to treat with others.

Summit, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sent the Complaint to Mr Akbar Al Baker,CEO, Qatar Airways

Is this situation typical with any airline customer service in India or is this specific to Qatar Airlines?

Edited: 11 June 2014, 12:15
Leicestershire...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sent the Complaint to Mr Akbar Al Baker,CEO, Qatar Airways

Cabin crew on any airline can have good and bad days. You would like to think (expect?) that on scheduled flights the crew are better trained and therefore offer a better service. To be honest the manners of some passengers also needs to change!

In the middle east region Qatar are like the others with regards to after sales service & communication.... not very good!

In the region it is also always better to fax rather than email .... yes email is now preferred communication but in the ME faxes seem to work better!

Barcelona
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Sent the Complaint to Mr Akbar Al Baker,CEO, Qatar Airways

A 14 years old child is not considered a uncompanied minor by any federal low in the world .he is considred a young passengers ,and regarding companies i had many bad experiences whith european and american companies .but one bad experience dont allow you to judge properly .

9. Re: Sent the Complaint to Mr Akbar Al Baker,CEO, Qatar Airways

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 July 2014, 06:36

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sent the Complaint to Mr Akbar Al Baker,CEO, Qatar Airways

Hi,

We flew in on Wednesday from Edinburgh to Doha and the flight was fantastic. Qatar have just started flying from Edinburgh but from the minute we checked in to touchdown was perfect. The cabin crew were so friendly and couldn't have been more attentive. I flew to Thailand with Etihad last year and had no complaints either the dreamliner plane was a little extra special though this year.

The new HIA was amazing on arrival and the staff were brilliant in the airport especially around security which can be a little daunting very impressed all round.

I was tempted to praise qatar airways once in Doha but was afraid to jinx myself and lose my cases, but our luggage and us arrived safely in Thailand and having a good time.

Reply to: Sent the Complaint to Mr Akbar Al Baker,CEO, Qatar Airways
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted