We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa Required for Photography outside of Doha Airport?

Sterling, Virginia
2 posts
Save Topic
Visa Required for Photography outside of Doha Airport?

Hi, I'll be in transit for 8.5 hours at Doha International Airport in June. I would like to walk outside the terminal to take some nighttime scenery photos of the Doha skyline without applying for a visa, is this allowed by the authorities? I won't be wandering too far off and it'll be a few minutes only.

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Qatar
Level Contributor
2,906 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa Required for Photography outside of Doha Airport?

You cannot leave airport without visa.

if you are travelling on American passport in that case you can get visa on arrival hence no need to pre-arrange visa. Getting visa on arrival is fairly simple process, pay 33USD using bank card and thats it,.

Take Care

Beast666

Sterling, Virginia
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa Required for Photography outside of Doha Airport?

Thank you Beast666 for your reply. I thought that I could just step outside the terminal building just a few steps to take some photos of the Doha skyline but I guess I cannot after all. I did not want to pay the USD $33 for just a few photos and besides I will be there in the middle of the night so I need to find a chair or lounge to sleep anyway. Thanks again.

Edited: 03 March 2014, 01:57
Buckie, United...
Level Contributor
117 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa Required for Photography outside of Doha Airport?

Does everyone visiting Doha need to buy a visa? How much would that be in Britsh pounds?

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Qatar
Level Contributor
2,906 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa Required for Photography outside of Doha Airport?

@MagicWriter2003

If you intent to leave airport transit area and visit Doha city you will have to pay 100 QR (33 USD \ 17 Pounds) per passport using bank card, cash is not accepted.

Do look into free tours organized by Qatar Airways where no visa fee is required, check below link for details.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294008-i3511-k725…

Take Care

Beast666

Santa Sofia, Italy
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa Required for Photography outside of Doha Airport?

what if you are non US but EU pass holder? is it same fee?

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Qatar
Level Contributor
2,906 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa Required for Photography outside of Doha Airport?

@danielalks

Nationals of all qualified countries pay the same Visa on arrival fee, which is 100 QR (33 USD)

Take Care

Beast666

Manchester
Level Contributor
114 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa Required for Photography outside of Doha Airport?

Its really not worth paying the visa fee. Doha has very little to offer and is only good as a stop over if you need to break up long haul flights.

8. Re: Visa Required for Photography outside of Doha Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2015, 04:17