We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Beach hotel for a week?

London, UK
Level Contributor
141 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Family Beach hotel for a week?

Can anyone suggest a suitable beach hotel for a family of 3 with a 3 year old. I am flying through Doha on business and would like my husband and daughter to join me for a week stop over but we would like a luxury hotel on the beach with large rooms/suites and if possible good children's facilities, fairly close to the airport

any ideas welcome

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Doha, Kerala
Level Contributor
11,339 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Beach hotel for a week?

Sharq Village & Spa Hotel is one of the best luxury beach hotels in Doha and is very close to the airport.

Other options are Intercontinental Doha and Sheraton Doha. But, I doubt whether Sheraton is under renovation.

Grand Hyatt and St. Regis are bit away from the airport, but please note that Doha is a small place and no place is very far off.

I don't know how much you would be able to enjoy the beaches in this weather. Out here, it's not the time for beaches now.

London, UK
Level Contributor
141 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Beach hotel for a week?

Thanks so much. I should have said we were coming in early October. Are all of thr hotels you've suggested on the beach?

Many thanks

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Doha, Kerala
Level Contributor
11,339 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Beach hotel for a week?

October would be ok. Yes, all these hotels are having private beaches.

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Qatar
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family Beach hotel for a week?

In addition to what JACPAUL has advised, you can consider "Doha Marriott" it is very close to airport which you mentioned as you preference, has private beach and excellent water sports facilities.

Take Care

Beast666

Leicestershire...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family Beach hotel for a week?

agree with previous comments. Sharq is probably the best beach hotel when it comes to luxury. The intercontinental has a nice private beach but be aware that there are now two intercontinental hotels, one is called ICH city and is located in the middle of the west bay area and no where near a beach! In October the weather is nice, down to around 30c so ideal for sitting by pool etc.

6. Re: Family Beach hotel for a week?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2015, 15:28
California
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Family Beach hotel for a week?

the Hilton Doha hotel is among the best in Qatar and it is just 15 minutes from the Doha International Airport with six dining options and a private beach. what more could you ask for.

Dubai, United Arab...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Family Beach hotel for a week?

Hahobo Hotels is among the best hotel in Asia. It defines excellence, class, service and perfection. Hahobo hotels which respect the rules of Islam and Muslim life style.

It offers you the best hotels with no alcohol allowed. Out great selections of hotels world-wide provides separate swimming pools for man and women as well as separate SPA facilities.

Not only this, we can ensure you the lowest rate and the best services for you and your family.

We do provide different kind of reservations for single travelers, families and business trip all over the world.

It not only take care of your hotel but also about your travel with the plane and any special request you may have.

With local knowledge and territory knowledge can ensure the best deal available for you today.

http://hahobo-hotels.com/

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
52 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Family Beach hotel for a week?

Hi,

I stayed at the Intercontinental Doha (the one at the beach as they have one in the city too). as mentioned above. I think this one has the best private beach in town. loved it. great service and many restaurants. Be sure to try the seafood buffet.

Best regards,

Chris

http://www.christravelblog.com

10. Re: Family Beach hotel for a week?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2016, 05:16