We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

abu dhabi to Dubai bus

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
373 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
abu dhabi to Dubai bus

hi there trying to sort out transport so we can to go Dubai from Abu Dhabi tomorrow so we can meet up with some of youTA folk for a charity iftar... trying to find an up to date schedule for the bus.

From what I can see they run between every 20 to 40 mins during day and the last one back to AD at 21:40

can anyone shed any light?

Thanks!

85 replies to this topic
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,889 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: abu dhabi to Dubai bus

The current info from the RTA in Dubai is:

Dubai to Abu Dubai central bus station:

From Al Ghubaiba bus station in Bur Dubai (for location see http://www.mydubaimetro.com/en/station/stop/al-ghubaiba.html):

0515 then every 15 minutes until 2000 – bus number E100

From Ibn Battuta metro station:

0600, 0730, 0900, 1000, 1600, 1730, 1900, 2000 – bus number E101

Abu Dhabi central bus station to Dubai

To Al Ghububa bus station:

0800 then every 10 minutes until 2230 – bus E100

To Ibn Battuta metro station:

0800, 0930, 1100, 2000, 2100, 2200 – bus E101

Service is on a luxury a/c bus and costs 20 dirhams each way, pay the driver, cash only. The journey takes approximately two hours.

The 24 hour enquiry line for transport information in Dubai is 800 9090.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,131 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: abu dhabi to Dubai bus

Anyone know the situation with regard to luggage on the bus ?

Thinking it might be fun to do the bus when we go to Abu Dhabi in November. Although how much fun it will be with 4 girls and accompanying luggage I'm not so sure.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,889 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: abu dhabi to Dubai bus

Latimer, according to the RTA it's fine to take suitcases on the bus. When I've done the trip it's been on one of those coaches that you go upstairs to get to the seats so there should be plenty of space for storage underneath.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: abu dhabi to Dubai bus

Very helfull. Can I ask where you found the E 101 time table? I can't find it on the RTA website. Are the times you're listing the same every day of the week or does frequency decrease on Fridays? Many thanks!

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,889 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: abu dhabi to Dubai bus

I phoned the 24 hour enquiry line number given above - twice to ask the same question, just to be as sure as I could I was getting correct info.

They told me the frequency is the same 7 days per week.

Abu Dhabi, United...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: abu dhabi to Dubai bus

hi, can anyone pls tell me if busses will be available frm abudhabi to dubai on "eid" day ?

pls let me know details........

thnx

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: abu dhabi to Dubai bus

Buses operate daily including public holidays.

Navi Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: abu dhabi to Dubai bus

Hi.we are a amily of 4 adults n 2 children.we want to visit the Ferrari world in Abu dhabi.we are staying in Dubai at the Novotel.which will be the best way to travel??

Netherlands
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: abu dhabi to Dubai bus

If you want to go for just a day, I'd suggested renting a taxi is easiest.

Ferrari World is easily accessible via YAS Island. If you take the bus to Abu Dhabi central station you will still need to take a taxi back (in the direction of Dubai again) to Ferrari world, for about 25kms. So we just took a taxi, cost was about 40euro one way .(for 2 persons together - regular taxi)

If you plan on staying some days in Abu Dhabi and want to visit Ferrari World and water world, we can highly recommend the Yas Viceroy hotel at Yas Island: it's not cheap, but it's very very very good to spoil yourself for once in a while. It has a free complimentary shuttle to ferrari world, the circuit, waterworld.

Save Reply
10. Re: abu dhabi to Dubai bus

I will arrive at around 20:00 in Dubai. Is there any bus to Abu Dhabi working at nights? Please advise.

Reply to: abu dhabi to Dubai bus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted