We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maiz flour(maki aata) and red kidney beans

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Maiz flour(maki aata) and red kidney beans

Hi

I know medicines are not allowed in dubai however i am wondering if i can take maiz flour and red kidney beans with me while my stopover in dubai to london?

Thanks

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
11,057 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maiz flour(maki aata) and red kidney beans

Maize flour and kidney beans are not illegal in Dubai so you'll be fine. Or you could just buy them in London.

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maiz flour(maki aata) and red kidney beans

Thanks

I tried buying in london but that variety is not as good as you buy here in Pak. Not worth the money.

I was thinking that beans will be ok but had doubt about flour but good to know that you are fine with maiz flour too.

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maiz flour(maki aata) and red kidney beans

Thanks

Any idea if desi ghee(butter) is allowed as well?

I tried buying in london but that variety is not as good as you buy here in Pak. Not worth the money.

I was thinking that beans will be ok but had doubt about flour but good to know that you are fine with maiz flour too.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
11,057 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maiz flour(maki aata) and red kidney beans

You'll be fine with ghee too.

I'm surprised you can't find a good variety of the above goods in London, where have you been looking?

Dubai
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
2,453 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maiz flour(maki aata) and red kidney beans

Processed foods are generally OK - but powders are always going to set off red flags !

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maiz flour(maki aata) and red kidney beans

Thanks everyone,

I had red kidney beans and maiz flour with me and all went fine.

We do get red kidney beans in east london, and good one but once you taste local variety then you dont like that one as the local one is superior in taste.

Regarding miaz flour you do get here but very cheap quality and tastes rubbish not worth the money

7. Re: Maiz flour(maki aata) and red kidney beans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 April 2013, 02:05
Edited: 08 April 2013, 02:05
Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
7,491 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Maiz flour(maki aata) and red kidney beans

All these foodstuff (& more) available in very good quality (well accepted in Pak/Ind families) in Dubai. If you have a chance to get out in the city, you can pick these up here, rather than carrying them from home.

9. Re: Maiz flour(maki aata) and red kidney beans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2014, 05:16