We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideal time to go to Dubai?

Birkirkara, Malta
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Ideal time to go to Dubai?

Hi,

We are interested in going to Dubai for a few days as part of our honeymoon. We were thinking of going somewhere between the end of July and September.

While in Dubai I was thinking of renting a car, maybe even go to a track day, go to a desert safari, take a tour of Dubai, visit Ferrari World, Atlantis etc..

Would the temperature allow for such activities?

When would be the ideal time? We can even maybe go in October. We were really hoping to go in mid-August, but I heard that the temperature might be too hot for such activities.

Would greatly appreciate some feedback from someone who visited Dubai in these periods or lives there.

Thanks,

Robert

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8,531 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ideal time to go to Dubai?

Mid June till early/mid September the temperatures and humidity level in Dubai are uncomfortable. Life goes on but outdoor activities are not pleasant, to say the least.

Ramadan in 2014 is going to be from around 28th June - 27th July. During this period there are some restrictions (no discos, no alcohol served during the day, no eating in public).

Around 4th October will be Eid al Adha. Big festive season, hotels will have prime prices and be fully booked.

If you are flexible April / May and then mid September till end October are really nice times to come to Dubai. Prices depend a bit on Western school holidays as well.

Try either to book rather early or go for last minute booking.

To your right you see a lot of good tips about Dubai.

A track day is a great experience. There are track day opportunities in Dubai (Motor City) and Abu Dhabi.

Dune bashing is fun.

For Dubai, I would not rent a car. Taxi are cheap, readily available and metered. Driving is not funny, and you are more flexible with a taxi. Also to keep in mind, in case of a serious accident you will go through a lot of troubles.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8,531 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ideal time to go to Dubai?

P.S.: For questions about Dubai, consider posting on the "Dubai forum".

Birkirkara, Malta
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ideal time to go to Dubai?

Yes sorry. I posted using the mobile app and didn't realize there is a Dubai Forum. Anyway I thank you for your reply. Very helpful and informative.

I know that renting a car is more complicated but I still want to if possible. I want to rent a sports car, something I can't drive here, not a normal car. You know, as an experience. Is the driving civilised there?

Thanks.

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
5,441 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ideal time to go to Dubai?

Is the driving civilized in Dubai? No!

Birkirkara, Malta
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ideal time to go to Dubai?

Really? That bad? Well driving in Malta is not great either, but yeah if you put it that way maybe renting a car is not a good idea then.

Thanks for sharing.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8,531 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ideal time to go to Dubai?

Save the money for renting a sports car to drive in Dubai and invest it to drive a high powered car on the race track. You will have fun driving there and you can really experience the power and capabilities of such a car.

Birkirkara, Malta
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ideal time to go to Dubai?

Thanks for the info. Are Track Days available daily? I will only be staying 1 week there. And any idea on the cost to rent a car for a track day (plus the track day itself)? Is it like Silverstone, where you can rent a car from the track itself?

Thanks.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8,531 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ideal time to go to Dubai?

Better make a reservation!

Abu Dhabi: yasmarinacircuit.com/en/…driving-experiences

Dubai: dubaiautodrome.com/da-adrenaline-experiences/

9. Re: Ideal time to go to Dubai?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2014, 06:19