We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Abu Dhabi expensive to eat / drink out?

Which Abu Dhabi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
163 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Is Abu Dhabi expensive to eat / drink out?

Hi

I'm looking to go to AD in June for a long weekend. Can anyone tell me how expensive it is over there for drinking, eating out etc? I understand that its very hot, is it too hot to sunbathe?

Thanks

Abu dhabi
Level Contributor
206 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Abu Dhabi expensive to eat / drink out?

It is not expensive , at the end of the day depends on the location too. Roughly speaking 10 to 20 $ is the range . But if it is in five stars hotel it is another scenario , even though it is still acceptable.

Indeed it is hot in June, however it is air conditioned in all the places you go to ..cars, offices ,malls...etc.

In june i believe it is hot , but if you avoided the mid of the day heat you can still have sunbathe .

Have a nice t rip

London, England
Level Contributor
396 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Abu Dhabi expensive to eat / drink out?

We have just returned from a stay at the Beach Rotana. Food and drink is reasonable. You tend to get what you pay for. A pint of Becks in Brauhaus is 22 dirhams (17 in Happy Hour, 4pm - 8pm) A glass of wine (Chardonnay) was 23 and a Scotch and Coke was 23.

Steak in Rodeo Grill starts at 175, but that includes potatoes and veg and goes upto 280 for Wagyu Beef Fillet. 4 Lamb Chops , jacket potato and veg was 125.

In Indigo (Indian), you can get chicken curry for 60 dirhams. It was excellent, too.

I have lots of menus, if you send me a private message with your e-mail address, I can send them to you.

Rick

London, England
Level Contributor
396 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Abu Dhabi expensive to eat / drink out?

We have been in June, before and it was in the mid-forties, during the day and only drops to the thirties, at night.

You can sunbathe, but you would need to keep dipping in and out of the pool to cool down, use plenty of high factor sun cream and drink lots of water.

The real problem at night is the humidity, but all restaurants and bars are air-conditioned, inside.

Rick

South East, England
Level Contributor
361 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Abu Dhabi expensive to eat / drink out?

Hi Rickfisher, am interested in your menus, but cannot seem to send you a message, could you message me, and then I could send you my email or something? thanks

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
5,459 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Abu Dhabi expensive to eat / drink out?

The PM system has been down for a while - we had some sort of spam come through on a pm from some people who definitely didn't send it so perhaps it's taking TA a while to go through the whole system to sort it out. Just a tip though, even if you're feeling impatient to see the menus, don't put your email address or any other personal details on the forum. I'm sure it'll be up and running soon.

6. Re: Is Abu Dhabi expensive to eat / drink out?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 23:21