We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shopping some fake stuff

germany
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Topic
shopping some fake stuff

i've been 3 times do abu dhabi and was shopping like a hurricane. unfortunately i never discovered any fake stuff beside some average watches in the kalidya-mall. is in abu dhabi any place where i can buy some fake clothes from lacoste, diesel, boss etc.?

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shopping some fake stuff

Two suggested locations for fake designer clothing are:

* Hamdan Centre upstairs (next to Novotel on Hamdan Street).

* Madinat Zayed shopping centre.

For watches, ask at the small stalls in the gold souq. They are usually kept in briefcases locked away out of sight.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
134 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shopping some fake stuff

Are these fake shops markets? Do they have the cloths on display, how much do you call cheap?

Thanks you

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shopping some fake stuff

T shirts are around $5. Bags can be a bit dearer. Sunglasses from $1 (without a case). Generally the price goes up for higher quality.

This stuff is on open display in the shops I've mentioned above.

germany
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: shopping some fake stuff

thanks a lot for your help.

i visited the madynat zayed shopping centre during my vacation last year 3 or 4 times. i bought 2 nice fake watches but didnt seen any fake clothings.

the shopping center near novotel is totally new to me, i will check this out for sure. how big is this shopping centre? where can i finde some fake polo shirs, shirts, bags etc. ?

thank you so much for sharing your experiences.

best regards, chris

Abu dhabi
Level Contributor
206 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: shopping some fake stuff

I was looking for these items yesterday in Abu Dhabi and i found out that all the shops has stopped selling , the policy has changed and it is very restricted now. Watches , bags ,pens ..etc are not found . I could not find it in the places that was usually sold in .

Have a nice trip

6. Re: shopping some fake stuff

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 08:17