We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa

Which Abu Dhabi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dave's world
8 posts
Save Topic
Visa

Hi all,

I'm going to go to the Womad festival in Abu Dhabi but I will only be there for 5 days.

Do I need a visa?, I think I saw that you do not need a visa unless you are staying there for longer than 14 days, is that correct.

Thanks

Dave

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa

Everyone needs a visa. However, citizens of the UK, USA, Australia, EU countries etc. get a 30-day visit visa free of charge which is stamped in their passport on arrival.

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa

Doe sit take long to process the visa, I am a Travel Agent in Australia..I ahve heard it can take up to 2 hrs in line if its organised bya wholesaler beforehand which fasttracks the process.

Thankyou

Ingrid

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa

There is no point in trying to arrange visit visas in advance for nationalities who get visas on arrival. In fact that would slow down the process as you have to join two queues instead of one!

The normal immigration queue/passport control is where visit visas for UK/US/Aus etc are issued. Everyone has to go through this queue anyway and with the new terminal 3 (Etihad) it takes about 2 minutes.

At busy times in Dubai it can easily take 2 hours but after 10 years of coming into Abu Dhabi airport I have never had to wait more than a few minutes.

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa

Hi again,

Thankyou so so muc for this information maybe its just the wholesale companies trying to make money ..

this is greta information. I really appreciate it.

Actually quite interesting info..In Australia..

Etihad have yet to organise special hotel stopover rates like Emirates do..aand wholesale companies are quite expensive ..it neraly put me off selling/suggesting Abu Dhabi as a stopover to any clients.

May I also ask what is the current fee involved.

Someone else has mentioned transport i scheap upon arrival...taxis etc...

Then Ill get my clients trying to book hotels via Expedia..my client has a budget of about $200 AUD..$150 USD max/ night any suggestions please ..central???

The hwole Abu Dhabi stop is so new even the airline wasnt vey helpful...(from Australia)

Thankyou again, a grateful Travel Agent, Ingrid

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa

Ingrid, the visit visa for those nationalities is free.

Taxis are readily available and cost around 30 AUD from the airport to a hotel in Abu Dhabi. There is no need to book ahead.

Please check the links on Trip Advisor for reviews and prices of hotels.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
147 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa

since I do not yet have my resident visa, I need to do monthly visa runs. (Go out of the country, to another country, get a stamp and come back to Abu Dhabi... I have never spent more than 5 minutes in line getting the visa stamp. I am planning visa run 3 as I type.

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa

Thankyou everyone, I really apreciate this information , way better than I received forom the airline itself..its all so new from Australia.

Well, Im feeling much more educated now and ready to share with my clients. THANKYOU so much,

Ingrid

Flight Centre Ltd,

Melbourne

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa

Below I've listed the 33 countries that currently get a visit visa free of charge on arrival in the UAE:

UK, France, Italy, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Austria, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Portugal, Ireland, Greece, Cyprus, Finland, Malta, Spain, Monaco, Vatican, Iceland, Andorra, San Marino, Liechtenstein, United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Brunei, Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong.

9. Re: Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 20:36