We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Abu Dhabi in December & New Year

South East, England
Level Contributor
361 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Going to Abu Dhabi in December & New Year

Hi

We are thinking of maybe going to Abu Dhabi at the end of December for New Year and staying at Beach Rotana.

Wondered if you guys had any advice on the weather and what there will be to do on New Years Eve.

Thank You

xx

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Abu Dhabi in December & New Year

New Year is a time for parties and dinner/dances. You will be able to book to attend something at your hotel or at another hotel. Some can be very expensive. New Year is much more expensive than Christmas, as it is celebrated by almost all nationalities here. New Year's Day is a public holiday. The weather is generally nice and cool (around 20C).

South East, England
Level Contributor
361 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Abu Dhabi in December & New Year

Thank you - sounds good - I hope we can book something at the hotel - sure they would have something on - as you say - all nationalities celebrate New Year.

I was hoping to hear it might be a little warmer - but hey - will be alot warmer than England I am sure!!!!

Do you think they would have fireworks etc at the hotel?

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to Abu Dhabi in December & New Year

There are usually fireworks on the Corniche - at the Emirates Palace end. Anything can change, of course, but you wouldn't normally be able to see the fireworks from your hotel.

I forgot to mention New Year's Eve is also the time when a big musical act usually has a concert in Abu Dhabi as well.

Sorry the weather is cooler than you'd like. But you can at least spend a large part the day at the beach/pool and not get burnt.

South East, England
Level Contributor
361 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to Abu Dhabi in December & New Year

Oh - that would be lovely to go to a concert.

Thanks for your tips on the fireworks - best to go down to the Corniche then - is our hotel away from that?

Sorry for all the questions - and you are right about not worrying about getting burnt!

That is what we want - as long as its warm enough to be able to sit outside and our daughter can play in the pool - thats he main thing!

Thanks again!

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going to Abu Dhabi in December & New Year

You will need to get a bus or taxi to the Corniche, but not all buses go to the Corniche. One of the best ways would be to take the bus to Marina Mall and watch the fireworks from there. Beach Rotana is very close to the bus terminus.

As for concerts, the artists will be announced nearer the time. You can book online for these events. You could for example go to see a band play in the grounds of Emirates Palace and then watch the fireworks there at midnight.

The weather could be up to 25C but I don't want to build your hopes up too much as we have even had a few spots of rain at that time of year...

I'll be posting something on the forum closer to the time for Christmas and New Year. But it's too early at the moment.

South East, England
Level Contributor
361 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Going to Abu Dhabi in December & New Year

Wow - thank you again so much for your advice - would you have to pay to see the band at the Emirates or just watch in the grounds?

Look forward to your post - will look out for it - or please do send me a message when you are ready to post it!

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Going to Abu Dhabi in December & New Year

You would have to pay about 250 AED each to see the band. No acts have been announced yet.

Abu Dhabi
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Going to Abu Dhabi in December & New Year

Rihanna performing live on New Year's eve

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Going to Abu Dhabi in December & New Year

Rihanna is confirmed for New Year's Eve at Emirates Palace. No further details (such as price or how to book) are available yet.

South East, England
Level Contributor
361 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Going to Abu Dhabi in December & New Year

Thanks for all the info - that sounds amazing - however we are now going to Dubai - my daughter would have loved to see Rihanna!