We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused about the visas

Which Abu Dhabi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Confused about the visas

I'm getting different information from everyone. Our local UAE embassy told us that we do not need a visa but can get a 96hour transit visa at the airport. I called etihad with whom we are flying and they say that the transit visas are not available anymore but that might change as well. Should I now just accept that we will be stuck at the airport for more than 36 hours?

- I'm from south africa

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confused about the visas

South Africa is not one of the 33 countries that can get a visit visa free on arrival in UAE. You need to arrange a visa in advance. This can be arranged by some airlines (such as Air Arabia) but recent travellers report they cannot get a visa through Etihad. Hotels can usually arrange visas.

www.abudhabiairport.ae/travelinfo/index.asp

2. Re: Confused about the visas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2010, 06:18