We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Abu Dhabi or Dubai???

London, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Abu Dhabi or Dubai???

Hi, I am going to the UAE for a week holidays next week. I am flying into AD, but I am not sure whether I should stay there or go to Dubai, which I am familiar with. Any suggestions?

Also, where do local people hang around/meet in the evening in AD?

Despite being Ramadan I know that in Dubai, most locals will go/meet at the hotel bars along the Marina in the evening, but I know nothing about Abu Dhabi. Any advice?

Finally, if I decide to go to Dubai, does the bus from Abu Dhabi, stops anywhere near the Grosvenor House hotel in the Dubai Marina ? Many thanks for all you advice.

UAE
Level Contributor
95 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Abu Dhabi or Dubai???

I would say local people and the arab expat groups hang out at cafes and definitely the malls!! And many might go to the Suhoor tents.

I can't provide unbiased comment on dubai or AD since I am more familiar with AD. It depends on what you are looking for and how you like to travel.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Abu Dhabi or Dubai???

The question whether to visit Dubai or Abu Dhabi is among our top questions (see the top right of this forum page when viewed on a PC browser). You are a little more likely to meet the local Emirati people in Abu Dhabi than in Dubai, but generally and in Ramadan especially their focus is on family and religion.

If you get the Emirates Express public service coach from Abu Dhabi to Dubai you need to know that it goes from Abu Dhabi central bus depot (in the centre of town near Al Wahda Mall) and it stops at Al Ghubaiba bus station in Deira, Dubai. It does not stop at Dubai Marina.

If you are flying with Etihad then you can get their coach service to Dubai, you can book it beforehand. They have two different locations for pick-up/drop-off in Dubai and one of those is at the Marina. Check the Etihad website or with your travel agent for more details.

ILME

3. Re: Abu Dhabi or Dubai???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 03:16