We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pakistan v England 2012

tonbridge
Level Contributor
22 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Pakistan v England 2012

I know they're quite a few English supporters who will be in Abu Dhabi for the Cricket in January and February, so I thought it would be a good idea to have a dedicated thread for discussion.

tonbridge
Level Contributor
22 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pakistan v England 2012

I can't see the Match being a sell out, and was thinking of getting my tickets from the Stadium the day before. Anyone know how you can buy / reserve tickets beforehand?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,019 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pakistan v England 2012

Don't underestimate the number of cricket fans in the UAE - most taxi drivers are from India or Pakistan and there is a large population of workers.

The cricket on the radio is the most common background noise of choice in most taxis.

If you want good seats I'd book now and google will be the best place to look

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pakistan v England 2012

I agree with Latimer. You will be surrounded by a few thousand taxi drivers! ILME

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pakistan v England 2012

Hi,

I am actually thinking of flying out for the ODI leg of the tour...hoping to catch the second ODI in Abu Dhabi and then the rest in Dubai. Where would be the best place to stay for the cricket in AD...and I am not thinking of splashing £100s on some 7 star hotel!! somewhere cheap but comfortable? appreciate any help! thanks

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
406 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pakistan v England 2012

we are going out on the 10th and going to the first 3odi's and stopping on the outskirts of dubai in a premier in at £43..petrol is cheap and car about £10 day so no big deal..we are going on 2 other hols in 2012 so want to do this as reasonable as poss..will be out from ealy morning till late at night so this will do

tonbridge
Level Contributor
22 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pakistan v England 2012

A few of us are staying in the Mercure (previously Novotel) in Abu Dhabi for the Second Test. A twin / Double works out around £60 a night inc tax. Gets good reviews on here as well

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g294013-d2997…

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pakistan v England 2012

cool..i'll check it out...Im only looking for 2 nights in abu dahbi before moving on to Dubai,,,

Thanks

London, England
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pakistan v England 2012

Anyone know what the cost of taxis will be from the centre to the stadium? How long will it take? Seems like the tour operators are opting for hotels on Yas Island and near the airport. Thanks.

tonbridge
Level Contributor
22 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pakistan v England 2012

I'd be interested to know that as well.

Regarding the Tour operators being based at Yas Island, I noticed that too.Perhaps it's because the Hotels are cheaper there? Doesn't look like a great deal to do, except look around the F1 circuit. I've opted for downtown as I prefer to be in the Center as there seems to be a lot more happening there, wider range of Restaurants, shops etc

Edited: 04 October 2011, 17:16
colchester
Level Contributor
208 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pakistan v England 2012

as for sold out, if you watched the recent test against sri lanka in Dubai

you will have seen about 30 people in the stadium

As for england will be plenty of fans there, but the test has no chance of being even 1/2 full, the one dayers and the 20/20, may be busier

the place to buy tickets, is http://www.ecb.co.uk/

tickets/ follow england overseas/ then you will see " •We will post ticket information for England's 2012 tours to Pakistan (in Dubai and Abu Dhabi) and Sri Lanka (March-April) as soon as it is confirmed by the host Boards

KEEP looking every day they will be up soon

I WOULD RATHER get my tickets in advance ,but has any local out there ever bought on the day ? if so info please!