We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Regis Or Park Hyatt?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
277 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
St Regis Or Park Hyatt?

i don't know if this was asked before, but i would like to book for my eid holiday and confused between the st regis or the park Hyatt...

which one has the better facilities and and what do you think is better option

thanks

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Regis Or Park Hyatt?

I think you would be happy with either hotel, especially with a room with a sea view (important to avoid views of piles of sand or construction hoardings). You probably already know that the hotels are right next to each other on the same stretch of beach on Saadiyat Island which is a large sand island undergoing development. It is near Abu Dhabi city but both these hotels are more conducive to staying in the hotel rather than sightseeing.

I had a look round both these hotels yesterday. They are both on the public bus route despite the access roads undergoing roadworks. It depends what you prefer in a hotel. I would describe the Park Hyatt as understated (maybe even a bit plain looking by UAE hotel standards). It was not obviously opulent but fittings were quality and not cheap. Self parking is easy here and the lift goes directly to the lobby with indoor fountains. The garden area relies mainly on water features and there are lots of sun loungers and cabanas. It looks like a lovely hotel to stay in.

St Regis is gigantic. It is like a village as there are apartments and villas there as well as the hotel. The access routes in and out are a bit convoluted. Valet parking rather than self parking (from what I could work out) and more opulent than Park Hyatt. But maybe a bit soulless due to its size. And fewer water features which I really liked at the Park Hyatt.

I heard good things about the restaurants in both hotels. You would need to drive between the two hotels or get a taxi. Other food options nearby are Fanr at Manarat Al Saadiyat or Monte Carlo Beach Club.

ILME

Mentioned in this post
The St. Regis Abu Dhabi
The St. Regis Abu Dhabi
1,681 Reviews
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Manarat al Saadiyat
Manarat al Saadiyat
375 Reviews
Monte Carlo Beach Club
Monte Carlo Beach Club
223 Reviews
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
802 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: St Regis Or Park Hyatt?

Very informative...thank you. Which one did the OP book and how was everything? :-)

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St Regis Or Park Hyatt?

Eid is this coming long weekend.

Germany
Level Contributor
148 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St Regis Or Park Hyatt?

On which public bus route are both hotels?

I read in some comments that it is hard to get a taxi sometimes, so a public bus route might be a good alternative.

At which hotel did you stay?

5. Re: St Regis Or Park Hyatt?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2013, 10:16