We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Regis v Fairmont Bab Al Bahr v Beach Rotana

Which Abu Dhabi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bulphan, Essex...
Level Contributor
9 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
St Regis v Fairmont Bab Al Bahr v Beach Rotana

Hi all

Think I have finally decided that for a week away in late May we want to try Abu Dhabi. After a lot of research I think I have narrowed it down to the 3 hotels above on a half board option.

We are looking for a realxing break, where if we want, all we need to do is get up and lounge round a nice pool area or beach. Ideally one without too many young children.

Any recommendations out of the 3 above or any other hotel for that matter.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Destination Expert
for Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Regis v Fairmont Bab Al Bahr v Beach Rotana

Except relaxing if you don't want to do anything else, then definitely my vote goes to St. Regis.

If you want to stroll and watch the city life then Beach Rotana.

Edited: 25 January 2013, 19:10
Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St Regis v Fairmont Bab Al Bahr v Beach Rotana

Beach Rotana also has the advantage of being attached to a large Mall (you don't need to go outside to reach the mall which could be an advantage in late May).

Bulphan, Essex...
Level Contributor
9 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St Regis v Fairmont Bab Al Bahr v Beach Rotana

Thank you. I was just a little worried that Beach Rotana looked more like a business hotel than a leisure one. Thoughts?

Abu Dhabi, United...
Destination Expert
for Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St Regis v Fairmont Bab Al Bahr v Beach Rotana

Though Beach Rotana is a leisure hotel, being within City many use this for business purpose.

Having very close to mall have advantages as well as disadvantages.

Bulphan, Essex...
Level Contributor
9 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St Regis v Fairmont Bab Al Bahr v Beach Rotana

Thank you. How long does it take to get from St Regis to the city by taxi and how much approximately?

Abu Dhabi, United...
Destination Expert
for Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: St Regis v Fairmont Bab Al Bahr v Beach Rotana

City Center is (Hamdan Street) is 13 km, takes 15-20 minutes.

Emirates Palace hotel is 17 km, takes 25 minutes,

Will cost less than AED. 40-50

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
664 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: St Regis v Fairmont Bab Al Bahr v Beach Rotana

My vote would be for the Fairmont Bab Al Bahr as there are other hotels and restaurants within walking distance. Also the option of going by bus into Abu Dhabi city; close to the Grand Mosque (about 15-20 Dirhams taxi cost); downtown area about 40 Dirhams.

abu dhabi
Level Contributor
34 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: St Regis v Fairmont Bab Al Bahr v Beach Rotana

St Regis or Fairmont, Rotana is in town , noisy, no beach to speak of and not a proper holiday setting. Fairmont is between two quite busy roads, but is next to shangrila and traders so you can move between the three for food and spas etc, it is also closer to town- food there is lovely and the rooms are nice too. If you get a good deal the St Regis is more of a destination, but the Emirates Palace is by far the best option if you can stretch to it or get a deal, the Park Hyatt is also in the same place as the St Regis - has an amazing restaurant that gets booked up early - so get the concierge to sort that for you. Enjoy your trip- weather is lovely at that time of year

9. Re: St Regis v Fairmont Bab Al Bahr v Beach Rotana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2014, 07:16