We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yas Island Raddison hotel, good base for Abu Dhabi?

Which Abu Dhabi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, Canada
Level Contributor
230 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Yas Island Raddison hotel, good base for Abu Dhabi?

Would like to spend two nights in Abu Dhabi mainly interested in Ferrrari World, the Sheikh Zayed Mosque (visit from inside) and the Emirates Palace (visit from inside). Is there any public transport from the Raddisson HOtel on Yas Island to the downtown area of Abu Dhabi and to Ferrari World?

Thanks.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yas Island Raddison hotel, good base for Abu Dhabi?

Hi

I am not sure if there is public transport available. Many hotels run a shuttle though and taxis are inexpensive.

I am a travel agent here in Dubai. If you'd like me to check with your hotel please email me: sarah.pickford travelcounsellors.com

I can also book your FW tickets for you if you like.

Regards

Sarah

Ross-on-Wye, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yas Island Raddison hotel, good base for Abu Dhabi?

It is quite a way from downtown AD, but taxis available easily. May cost around 80/90AED to get to Corniche.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
664 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yas Island Raddison hotel, good base for Abu Dhabi?

The hotels on Yas Island are not a good base to explore Abu Dhabi in my opinion due to the expense of taxis (or a very long, slow journey by bus). My recommendation would be a downtown hotel on Abu Dhabi island, Bain al Jesrain or Al Maryah Island.

Yes Island hotels are good only for Yas Island attractions and maybe one or two trips into Abu Dhabi city. It is also closer to Dubai.

4. Re: Yas Island Raddison hotel, good base for Abu Dhabi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2014, 05:16