We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa & Restaurants???

Which Abu Dhabi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
Level Contributor
90 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Visa & Restaurants???

Hi to all,

Just 2 quick questions if anyone can help me? Visas for Irish or British citizans - is it just a matter of filling them out on the plane or filling them out on arrival? I have looked it up and that seems to be the answer I am getting but I just want to be 100% sure??? Also not too pricey nice steak house type restaurants near the Millenium Hotel in the centre Corniche area? The restaurants are a little problem as my parents are just plain eaters - not adventurous - Italian would be as brave as they would go! Thanking you for any advice or tips you might be able to give, B

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa & Restaurants???

There is no need to complete any forms, the passport is stamped on arrival with the visa. (This applies for the British, I would imagine the Irish is the same).

Unable to help with the restaurant question but I suggest you go onto the hotel reviews and click on the map on left hand side of the page. This will show the restaurants close by.

Have a good trip!

ireland
Level Contributor
90 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa & Restaurants???

Thank you Welshtraveller - that has put my mind at ease. I have been on da net all morning re the restaurant thing - but a lot of the restaurants dont have menus on line and the steakhouses seem really pricey - but Il keep searching. Thank you again for your help

here
Level Contributor
304 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa & Restaurants???

Hello :) good steakhouse are all in 5 star hotels and cost around 350-550 dhs per person like meat co in quaryat al berry and rodeo grill in beach rotana.

You also have chillis, Fridays and fudrockets that serve reasonably priced steaks.

Pregos in beach rotana and vascus in hilton hotel are italian and international and serve steaks which are about 100-200 dhs per one plate :)

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
664 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa & Restaurants???

Irish and British are the same - free visa on arrival and no need for filling any forms.

I answered your other post about places to eat but did not realise you are staying at the other end of the Corniche.

You'll struggle to find those restaurants menioned in post no.3 due to the spelling. Remember hotels charge an extra 16% (tourism tax and service charge).

5. Re: Visa & Restaurants???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2014, 07:17