We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 hour nighttime taxi tour from Abu Dubai to Dubai

Washington DC...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
6 hour nighttime taxi tour from Abu Dubai to Dubai

There is a lot of Abu Dubai layover talk on here, but I'm not sure this exact itinerary has ever been attempted. Please advise.

We (USA couple) get into Abu Dubai at 7:50 pm on a Thursday night. Leave for BKK the following morning at 8:40 am. We are willing to pull an all-nighter to go up and see Dubai.

My question is this: Is is possible to get a taxi in Abu Dubai to drive us to Dubai and provide local Dubai transfers before driving back to Abu Dubi at 3:00 am? We will want to go to the burj al khalifa, burj al arb, and fountains. Maybe some walking around. Then drive us back to Abu Dubai.

Thoughts? Is this way too aggressive?

Emirates Adventures
Sightseeing Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
Arabian Desert Tours & Safaris
Sightseeing Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, City Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Abu Dhabi Private Tours
Taxis & Shuttles, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Private Tours, Boat Tours
Leuven, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 hour nighttime taxi tour from Abu Dubai to Dubai

Etihad airlines has a busservice to dubai and back,you can see at the site of contact etihad.

With the taxi is also possible is just a matter of money.I think if you contact dudai touristoffice they can arrange that.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Destination Expert
for Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 hour nighttime taxi tour from Abu Dubai to Dubai

Your Travelling will consume 2 hrs going and 2 hrs coming? At least 3:30 hrs for the return journey if you hire a taxi or limo.

You can spend 2-3 hrs in Burj Khalifa, Burj Al Arab, and Fountains. Less than 3 hrs trip to Dubai is not worth the 4 hrs journey.

Edited: 25 October 2013, 10:56
Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
664 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 hour nighttime taxi tour from Abu Dubai to Dubai

Abu Dhabi airport to Burj Khalifa would be less than 1.5 hours each way by taxi. I think it is a do-able itinerary.

4. Re: 6 hour nighttime taxi tour from Abu Dubai to Dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2014, 04:19