We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clothing concers

Manchester
Level Contributor
213 posts
Save Topic
Clothing concers

Sorry for all the questions but i just want to make sure I know the rules. I wont really be leaving my hotel the only place i will go is the shopping centre

Can i wear just above the knee chino shorts in the hotel and shopping centre?

Can i walk back from the pool/beach area back to my room in my swimming shorts?

If i wanted to get some lunch from the pool area do i have to get changed into my jeans to be able to eat at the bar/restaurant?

Am I ok wearing short sleeve polo tops in the restaurants of the hotel with jeans and shoes?

If i am not wearing the right clothes with i get in trouble or will they just warn me and let know?

Desert Rose Tourism - Day Tours
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Fishing Charters & Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours, Shopping Tours
Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,434 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clothing concers

There are lots of previous posts relating to clothing which you can backtrack using the search box above your post.

In short you're fine with knee length shorts but malls like you to cover shoulders, although many don't. If you're wearing swimwear you can walk back to your room but a towel as a wrap is always useful. Pool area drinking and eating during the day is fine with whatever you're wearing at that time. Evening meal eating in restaurants will normally require you to dress appropriately so no shorts, so smart casual. Just remember not everyone who visitors the UAE has done their homework before they visit, so they're not even aware anyway.

Edited: 20 November 2013, 10:51
England
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clothing concers

Dont worry too much I was worried before I went earlier this year but it was fine, as the previous post says just not bare shoulders in Malls, and no swimwear, although makes me laugh who would walk around a mall in swimwear. Just go and enjoy it. I leave tomorrow morning for a 9 nts in Abu Dhabi too.

Manchester
Level Contributor
213 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Clothing concers

thanks ;-)

Abu Dhabi, United...
Destination Expert
for Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clothing concers

You don't have to do much home work in clothing. Once you come here you will understand.

5. Re: Clothing concers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2014, 05:17