We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to find a toilet in Abu Dhabi airport

Which Abu Dhabi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
How to find a toilet in Abu Dhabi airport

I've discovered a way to find an empty toilet cubicle in Abu Dhabi airport (this airport is notorious for the lack of toilet facilities). I don't mind sharing this with fellow travellers since I don't plan to use the airport again if I can avoid it. The answer is this: from whichever terminal you are in, if you make your way to Terminal 1 you will find that there are toilet facilities at the end of the corridors leading to the gates from the rotunda. The toilets are outside the entrance to the gate itself. Now if there is no plane due for the particular gates concerned, the entrance to these corridors are cordoned off by staff. This is course is part of the problem with the shortage of toilets at the airport - they are near the gates and cordoned off. However there is usually a gap that you can slip past and staff don't try to stop you. That way I found a toilet with two empty cubicles, which I regard as a considerable success.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Destination Expert
for Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to find a toilet in Abu Dhabi airport

Good find.

Finding the toilet is bit tricky. But there are 2 toilets at each gates (inside), they are near the screening machines, one at the left side, other one at the right side.

You could also use the 2 toilets at the basement, near duty free shops. One is just below the elevator. (other one I have never used only heard)

Edited: 24 November 2013, 12:53
2. Re: How to find a toilet in Abu Dhabi airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2014, 05:17