We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meet & greet at airport

Which Abu Dhabi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Meet & greet at airport

I understand that Etihad offer a meet & greet at the airport which fast tracks through immigration and collects your luggage etc. has a tone used this as opposed to the one offered by the airport - or is it the same one? We used similar service in Dubai and it was brilliant

Australia
Level Contributor
99 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meet & greet at airport

We have not used the Etihad service so cannot provide any comment. We have used the Pearl Assist service provided by the airport and were extremely happy. We are visiting Abu Dhabi again in April this year and will again use the services of Pearl Assist.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Destination Expert
for Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
1,083 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meet & greet at airport

Both are two different services. One provided by Airport is Called Golden Class service. Otherone is Etihad Meet & Greet service. Both are Dhs 200 per individual.

Both are more are less same. But I would prefer Golden Class service over Etihad Service. It is equivalent to Dubai's Marhaba service.

Edited: 03 February 2014, 16:26
London, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meet & greet at airport

I had tried to find out information if this service existed before my arrival in dec from the airport but was told nothing existed, however I did see the golden class counter on arrival but as I hadn't booked it , it was to late for me .

You will spend no better money than doing this, abu is prob the worst air[ort ive ever travelled through , the shorter the ;line at immigration, it got worse , the staff either disappeared or went on a total go slow, no understanding of customer needs and the return was so bad it bordered on dangerous with people all huddled to get through passport control , then when you did, then sent to another terminal with thousands of people ahead of you so bad they stopped the travelator as people were not only stationary on that but on the walkway area as well, would have most certainly missed connecting flights..

Airport is modern but service is medieval.

Id always travel via Dubai in future and take the long transfer.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meet & greet at airport

Thanks Sassy - I know it won't be as busy as Xmas period but will still book as I hate waiting in immigration queues when all you want to do is get to your hotel. I see you stayed at The Fairmont - we're staying there for 9 nights in March any recommendations? C

London, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Meet & greet at airport

hi I know it was xmas but it was terrible and everyone we spoke with said the same. so you will have to tell me how golden class is for me to fly back into abu again . I did transfer there two years ago and that was ok but we were flying eithad and non eithdad flights seem to get a total different exp. Poss different terminal but not as obvious as say Dubai.

Ive done marhaba in Dubai and that is brilliant literally landed and left in 30 mins

Taxi was about 8 pound , but come out of the doors and go left the touts are right, bureau exhancge is in this area but got much better exhange at the souk by Shangri la ner on 6 dirhams opposed to 5.46 so get 100 pound then walk to souk - 10 minutes from Fairmont on private pathway past traders., souk is before Shangri la.

The worse for us was once we checked in , and had gone through we had about a mile of a walk to another terminal , we had no time for the loo it was so busy.

Fairmont is really lovely, lobby is stunning we left twice in 8 days , we went to gold souk and yas island, marina mall which was ok we went to traders and Shangri la but apart from that we left twice def suggest club lounge esp if you like alcohol, if not on half board get the abu dhabi entertainer all the restaurants come with a buy one get one free, if you need more info let me know. I used vouchers at each outlet and the souk as well as lunch . and saved a few hundred on food. marcos they don't do it for, but used it twice for pm buffet, once for day buffet, Lebanese , frankies, meat co and got wagu , left bank from memory, also at yas viceroy for lunch and Ferrari world for entrance.

Go to Yas viceroy def for views of the F1 track near to hotel and def very impressive, fab hotel as well.

The rooms at Fairmont are good size and on par with the very best in Dubai. beach is nice , I think it is fantastic value and equals the very best of Dubai.

message me if you need more info

Edited: 03 February 2014, 20:34
Toulouse, France
Level Contributor
10 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Meet & greet at airport

and etihad meet and greet service give access at etihad lounge for economy class?

7. Re: Meet & greet at airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2015, 05:17