We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Head piece

Which Abu Dhabi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
251 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Head piece


I would like to buy something like this:


Can you tell me where I can buy something simple like that in Abu Dhabi? What is it called? Approximate cost?

Abu Dhabi, United...
Destination Expert
for Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
4,892 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Head piece

I would call it a ghutra. You would also need the cap that goes underneath and the agal, which is the rope that holds it in place.

You can buy these widely at any store selling traditional Arabic menswear. As to price, I have no idea but would guess it varies widely depending on quality.

Take care that you don't inadvertently give offence, either here or back home.

And good luck learning to arrange it and keep it on your head !

Edited: 26 April 2014, 16:40
2. Re: Head piece

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2015, 06:16