We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Abu Dhabi trip report 9/4/2014 to 12/4/2014

Which Abu Dhabi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
513 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Abu Dhabi trip report 9/4/2014 to 12/4/2014

Abu Dhabi report

I want to thanks all that had assist me in one way or the other, especially to JeyaB.

My plan was

Day 1 - Sheikh ZayedMosque, (Grand Mosque)

- Hyatt capital gate

- Emirates Park Zoo or Khalifa park

Day 2 - Corniche

- world trade, central market

- Emirates Hotel

- heritage village, Friday 5pm - 9pm

- Marina mall

- a good dinner at Cerutti Cafe

Day 3 - Ferrari Park,

- high tea at Yas hotel

-Al Raha headquarter

- Masada city

However, I didn't complete it the way I planned.

Day 1- I arrived AD midnight, hence I decided to arranged a chauffeur pick up from Mellinium Hotel AD. It cost Aed165.

I took bus 54 to the mosque which was fairly easy and the bus arrived in seconds. I have no time to look around clearly yet. Thumbs up for the visit. It is free entrance and it is very well organized. The interior is just amazing! More like a palace to me. I love the carpet, the softness, the quality, the colors are just so rich and well maintain. The floral design are just amazing. I could imagine many animals out from it too. Fantastic! It's very comfortable to walk on it. Imagine the heavy traffic but it's still very good condition.. Must be superb quality. The walls with the marble floral is as beautiful. Worth a visit.

I decide to skipped Hyatt Capital Gate as I viewed it from the bus earlier. I intend to go Zayed sports complex to change 202 to zoo. The driver told me there is no zoo! I didn't know if it is language barrier. Anyway, I decided to return hotel since I am on bus 54 and see no 202 at any bus stop that we passed by. The weather was too hot too. I strolled a little then decided to go to the WTC. I took bus 5. I showed the driver the picture but he say it doesn't go there but to Marina Mall. Ok, I go ahead. Then on the bus, a lady (from Philippine ) told me where to alight to go to WTC. I wonder why the bus driver also don't know even with the picture.

I didn't enjoyed the souk but the shopping portion is quite ok if you want to shop. I took 63 to Marina mall and had a late lunch. I met a nice driver who stopped for me to cross when I go to the marine side. I really appreciated that. It makes your day.

I decided to skipped the Heritage village but walk to Emirate Hotel instead. I walked 40 minutes. It wasn't that far? See it but never reach it so quickly. The place is huge and entrance is far. I almost give up when this guy was singing passed by. I decided to walk another 10 minutes with his singing and whistling in front of me. It becomes a little motivation. ;)) We saw the entrance but he was stopped by the guards! Omg, after all the walking?! No entrance?! Oh, he was wearing Bermudas and not allowed to go in. I walked in , make a round and out. Personally, it is more enjoyable if you go for tea or lunch.

Day 2, with JeyaB's advice that the bus 202 is within my hotel, I was too happy to go to the Zoo. The bus is an hourly trip. Fortunately for me, before I could read the timing, the bus came. I was early. The zoo open at 9.30am, many of us arrived 9.15am. It's not a big zoo, but I enjoyed it totally. It's very lively with the guy keep announcing something but it didn't gets into my ear. I think it's Friday, many families comes with their kids and make the zoo such a happy place. I enjoyed feeding the giraffes and people watching as they feed them. Everybody is laughing with joys, occasionally, a little screaming. People watching is interesting, especially the kids and the giraffes are so lively and adorable. Again, on my return trip I waited only 15 minutes. The bus arrived early, waited for a while but left earlier than the scheduled time. I must thanks the cafe waiter for advising me to arrive early though I will also do it. It's good to meet nice people, it makes the world a better place.

I make an email booking with Cerutti Cafe. It was near my hotel, but I took 40 minutes to reach. 4 people give me four different directions. Finally, when I found it, the waiter claimed my reservation is not counted with email because it is done by the office people. I don't understand??? I had planned my meal from starter, to main course, coffee and tiramisu cake. I had buy a groupon and regretted tat I should have buy a higher value one. There is so much I want to try. Then I just order take away with the value , but it really spoiled my nite. I ordered steak. Hmmm I must say it's quite good but I properly could get it in many places. The waiter apologized but it's really disappointing. I noticed uncleared tables and people inside don't interact with each other. One waiter to supervisor told me the place is booked for personal event, seriously I am quite doubtful.

Day 3 , I took a taxi to City Terminal to do early check in, then to AD mall for shopping. but I was told they cannot do because the transfer flight is KLM. I buy Etihad airways, but it goes that way. I went ahead to AD mall, treat myself to ice cream at Wafflemeister. I had no choice but to take taxi (64Aed) to airport and left my luggage AED 30/ PC for 24 hrs. I had two. Then the worse came, I cannot find bus 170, the information didn't know. He told me to take taxi. I walked in and out, then decided to stay, the heat is killing me.

At the mean time, while in the airport, I looked through all my photos again and write this report in the comfort of air-con. That's a plus!!! With the free wifi, I could skype with my hubby too. Cheers!

I will try to do a different feedback for the Mosque, Mellinium hotel AD, WTC, Marina mall, Emirate Hotel, Emirates park zoo & cerutti cafe. I will post the photos in my to flickers page too.

( I just started to use flicker, so I may be slow)

I have nothing against nobody or favor anyone, but to share my own experience with trip advisor.

Overall, this three days is pretty good. Though I know about the heat, but it's different when you are experiencing it.

Do have a scarf, a hat or an umbrella. Applied lots of sun tan lotion too and drinks lots of water.

Abu Dhabi is beautiful. One marvelous thing, they don't have street sellers or free lance seller 'barking' at you. Very comfortable to shop and buy at one's free pace.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,128 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Abu Dhabi trip report 9/4/2014 to 12/4/2014

Excellent report, thanks for sharing.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Destination Expert
for Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
1,083 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Abu Dhabi trip report 9/4/2014 to 12/4/2014

Hi,

Thanks for posting your detailed trip report, it was my pleasure to assist you in planning your abu dhabi trip.

Hope you enjoyed your trip in abu dhabi, and looking forward to your next trip very soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
513 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Abu Dhabi trip report 9/4/2014 to 12/4/2014

Hope it's a good way to show my appreciation. ;))

London
Level Contributor
115 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Abu Dhabi trip report 9/4/2014 to 12/4/2014

I plan to goto A.D. in 2 weeks time. I see you're from singapore. I was wondering, did you find the buildings, sklyine & skyscrapers very similiar to ones back in Singapore. I guess both cities have a similiar feel to them as they are modern, built up and because of the humidity.

5. Re: Abu Dhabi trip report 9/4/2014 to 12/4/2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2015, 05:15