We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Abu Dhabi or Yas Island? I can't decide.

Which Abu Dhabi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Muswellbrook...
6 posts
Save Topic
Abu Dhabi or Yas Island? I can't decide.

We are traveling to Abu Dhabi on the 24th of June leaving on the 27th of June. My husband my 15 year old son and myself. I just can't decide where to stay. In town or Yas Island. We want to go to lots of things on the island. Grand Prix circuit, Ferrari world and waterworld but feel I will be missing out on not being in town. I have searched for other posts on this subject but still can't decide.

Please help.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Destination Expert
for Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
4,892 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Abu Dhabi or Yas Island? I can't decide.

Yas is of course an artificial resort and I can understand why you might prefer the city for a more authentic experience. However, the activities you've mentioned will take up most of your time here and you'd be spending a lot of time travelling back and forth. It's a 40km trip from the city which is going to take at least 45 mins and cost 70 dirhams each way.

There's plenty to keep you occupied on Yas, so maybe make one day trip into the city and take in the grand mosque as well, which is about half way between the two.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Destination Expert
for Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Abu Dhabi or Yas Island? I can't decide.

Hi,

Since you are planning to cover Yas Marina Circuit, Ferrari World and WaterWorld it is better to stay in Yas Island. But there is nothing much in Yas Island other than these (there is a big Ikea and Ace shop there)

Visiting city is a 30 minutes ride by a taxi. You will be away from the city and traffic. When ever you want to come to city you can always come by taxis or buses.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Abu Dhabi or Yas Island? I can't decide.

Agree with the above posters. The other alternative of course is to split the difference (almost, its closer to the city than Yas) and look at Saadiyat. With the 5 lane highway you can be at Yas in 10-15 and in the city in the same time. plus you get world class ntural white sand beaches. enjoy!

Muswellbrook...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Abu Dhabi or Yas Island? I can't decide.

Thank you everyone for your replies. Just one more question. Can you get desert safaris from Yas Island? Or do you have to go into Abu Dhabi to get these?

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Abu Dhabi or Yas Island? I can't decide.

I'd stay on Yas too. It's not that expensive to get a cab into the city and you can also pick up the Big Red Bus if you wanted to do some sightseeing. The Desert Safaris usually pick up from Khalifa Park, which is about 15-20 mins away in a cab, so would probably cost you about 50AED. However you should check with your hotel as I believe some of the Yas hotels operate a shuttle bus into the city.

Muswellbrook...
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Abu Dhabi or Yas Island? I can't decide.

Thank you. We have decided to stay on Yas Island at Park Inn by Radisson. They do offer a shuttle bus to Abu Dhabi and there is a bus stop near hotel to take you into Abu Dhabi.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Abu Dhabi or Yas Island? I can't decide.

Ifyou stay at the Ibis hotel on Airport Road you can have easy access to both areas. I suggest you spend the morning downtown and early afternoons onwards at Yas. I think you may well enjoy the corniche inside Abu Dhabi much more and walking access to many places there.

8. Re: Abu Dhabi or Yas Island? I can't decide.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2015, 05:15