We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early stage planning advice

Which Abu Dhabi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tyne and Wear
Level Contributor
137 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Early stage planning advice

Hi

My friend and i are hoping to go to abu dhabi in march 2015, we have been to dubai and loved it. We will be flying from newcastle upon tyne, flights seem to arrive in dubai after midnight then bus to abu dhabi 6/7 hours later, my question is what is the. Best/easiest/most cost effective way to arrive from ncl?

Any advice would be appreciated thanks

Karen

Abu Dhabi, United...
Destination Expert
for Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
4,892 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early stage planning advice

You could certainly take a taxi directly from Dubai airport for around 300 dirhams ... about 50 pounds. Just get in any taxi, no need to prebook or anything.

Don't forget that Etihad have a service direct from Manchester to Abu Dhabi. I haven't compared prices, but it's certainly another option.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,061 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early stage planning advice

Etihad Airlines, the national (??) carrier of Abu Dhabi runs direct flights between Manchester and Abu Dhabi. So, get down to Manchester for your flight.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Destination Expert
for Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
4,892 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early stage planning advice

I had quick glance at fares for March and Emirates direct from NCL appear to be the cheapest. There are also plenty of one stop connections to Abu Dhabi via Amsterdam and London.

You need to decide what is most convenient for you. A taxi from Dubai to Abu Dhabi is going to be much cheaper than one from Newcastle to Manchester !

Tyne and Wear
Level Contributor
137 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early stage planning advice

Thanks for the helpful replies I hadn't thought of flying from manchester tho we did last year to marrakech. Good point sharp5 I will look into flying into dubai and getting a taxi. That sounds like the best plan.

Thanks again

Karen x

5. Re: Early stage planning advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2015, 06:15