We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Abu Dhabi for 4 days? Lots of questions....

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Topic
What to do in Abu Dhabi for 4 days? Lots of questions....

I'm in Abu Dhabi for 4 days from the 14th-17th July. Looking for ideas and suggestions of what to do for this fantastic stopover. So far I'm thinking 1 day in Ferrari World, 1 Day at the Waterpark, and definitely visit the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, walk past the Capital Gate and also get out to Mazdar City.

So, are there any combined tickets that allow you to visit both Ferrari World and the Waterpark?

What's the cheapest way to get out and visit Mazdar City?

I see its free entry to the F1 track on a Tuesday and I'm an F1 fan - is it worth a walk around?

When is the best time to visit the Mosque?

Just found out there is an aquarium - when is the best time to visit?

Many thanks! 

Mentioned in this post
Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
11,899 Reviews
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,892 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in Abu Dhabi for 4 days? Lots of questions....

Are you on your own ? I have seen lots of 2-for-1 vouchers for the less-popular summer time. I'd check the websites from other offers or wait for others to chime in.

Are you planning to stay on Yas Island ? Would make sense as you're spending most of your time around that area.

The airport is 30km from the city and v close to Yas Island and Masdar City. Mosque and other resort areas are half-way between the airport and the city.

You could probably squeeze more in if you wished. I wouldn't spend a whole day at Ferrari World and it will be v hot so you may not want to spend a whole day in the sun at the water park.

Masdar is geek heaven (they are one of my clients) but there's not a massive amount there, so I'd budget 2-3 hours maximum.

The mosque website tells you all you need to know about visiting (http://www.szgmc.ae/)

Taxis are dirt cheap by UK standards.

And ... it will be Ramadan, so no eating, drinking or smoking in public during daylight hours. See multiple recent threads here about this. It's manageable, but you have to plan ahead.

Mentioned in this post
Yas Beach
Yas Beach
809 Reviews
Masdar City
Masdar City
465 Reviews
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
11,899 Reviews
England
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in Abu Dhabi for 4 days? Lots of questions....

I would say also if you get a change to visit Emirates Palace Hotel its amazing to see

Mentioned in this post
Emirates Palace
Emirates Palace
3,937 Reviews
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
13,054 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in Abu Dhabi for 4 days? Lots of questions....

My trip report and photos will hopefully give you lots of ideas:-

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294013-i3754-k5…

Also remember that July is going to be very hot, it is unlikely you will be able to walk far in the intense heat.

Enjoy!

4. Re: What to do in Abu Dhabi for 4 days? Lots of questions....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2015, 05:16