We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prescription sunglasses

Which Abu Dhabi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northwest UK
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Prescription sunglasses

Hi,

I am wondering whether it is cheaper/easier/quicker to buy sunglasses with prescription lenses in AD than in the UK?my logic is you get a lot more sun than us in the UK!

If so has anyone got any recommended places i could buy a pair from?

Thanks in advance.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prescription sunglasses

its certainly more easier, the one on my mind is Magrabi opticals located in different locations around UAE.

Northwest UK
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prescription sunglasses

Thanks i will look out for them

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
724 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prescription sunglasses

I don't think glasses are necessarily cheaper than in the UK. Every shopping mall has at least a couple of opticians. There's also the "optician souk" on Hamdan Street. Starting from the Crowne Plaza, turn right from the door onto Hamdan Street. Continue across the traffic lights, and you will find about nine opticians just past the Emirates General Market.

I use Studio Optica who provide a very good service.

Northwest UK
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prescription sunglasses

Thanks i will try to check that bit out. I just thought seeing as you guys get more sun than us they may be cheaper.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
664 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prescription sunglasses

Cheaper, yes, but I think service is quicker here. Most frames in UAE are premium/designer brands, so it can work out more expensive than the UK. Also some big employers pay for spectacles (mine does) which tends to make prices not so competitive. There are a lot of different companies here and there is no charge for a sight test. I usually use Yateem.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prescription sunglasses

Go to Al Maghribi, its located in all malls in the UAE and Abu Dhabi.

They might finish it in the same day if you go early, or the next day.

7. Re: Prescription sunglasses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2015, 05:15