We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Abu Dhabi Forum

Which Abu Dhabi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
81 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Abu Dhabi Forum

I am stopping over at Abu Dhabi Airport for approximately 3 hours. I would like to use the VIP lounge but am arriving and departing from Terminal 3 and the lounges in this terminal are only for firstclass passengers. Can anyone tell me how far it is to Terminal 1 and also would I have to check in and out of terminal 3 to change terminals. I am wondering if all this would take too much time.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Destination Expert
for Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
4,892 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Abu Dhabi Forum

You can move between terminals 1 and 3 airside, although you do have to go though a security checkpoint. You don't need to pass immigration or customs. Remember you'd need to do this once from T3 to T1 and then again on the way back. It's certainly not a long walk as the airport isn't very large, so you might get an hour in the lounge before having to make your way back. Of course this depends on how long the security lines are but the airport never feels too busy.

Only you can decide whether it's worth it for an hour. By the time you've left the aircraft, had a drink, a smoke or something to eat, used the loo and had a look at the duty free, it'll probably be time to go to the gate for your connecting flight. It is nice to be able to have a shower though.

There's a video on the airport website: abudhabiairport.ae/english/… that might help.

London
Level Contributor
81 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Abu Dhabi Forum

Thank you so much for your reply this has been very helpful.

3. Re: Abu Dhabi Forum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2015, 05:16