We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mobile phone charges

Which Abu Dhabi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hants
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Mobile phone charges

Hi ,We are spending some time in Abu Dhabi during September and wondered what is the cheapest way of using my mobile phone. I Am on a Vodophone contract and will be calling local numbers and pay as you go numbers. I will not be using it for calling home.

Many thanks for your help

Abu Dhabi, United...
Destination Expert
for Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
4,892 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mobile phone charges

The two phone companies (Etisalat and du) are national so the same applies to AD as to Dubai and the other emirates. You can check back over recent threads on this subject in the Dubai and UAE forums.

Do you need your UK number active ? If not, get a local SIM on arrival, assuming your phone is unlocked. Otherwise ask Vodafone what the charges will be to use your UK phone here.

Another option is to bring a spare/old phone and carry both. In the past I've used an old unlocked smartphone with a local SIM just as a wifi hotspot ... just put it in one of your pockets and you have data on the move for all your devices.

It's easy to get a local SIM on arrival at the airport.

2. Re: Mobile phone charges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2015, 06:16