We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malkall to Shibam and Tarim

Level Contributor
32 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Malkall to Shibam and Tarim

Am reading a book by Freya Stark who did this route in early 1900s by land. There seems to be a road now according to Google maps. Can anyone tell me if its doable? bus? are guides needed? best time of year to travel?

socotra
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Malkall to Shibam and Tarim

hi!

the road from Mukalla to Shibam and Tarim is very easy and many travel agency include these places in their trips. I suggest you to visit by car (rent a car with driver or a taxi) since bus might be not safe or allowed to foreing people. About the guide, my advice is to have one if you need more information about places, but it is not a must.

You can visit this part of Yemen any time of the year

have you also considered Socotra for your trip? it is very easy to come here from Mukalla by Yemenia or Felix airways .

Hope to see you soon in Yemen

2. Re: Malkall to Shibam and Tarim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2011, 08:17
Get answers to your questions about Yemen
Recent Conversations