We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spanish language school close to any flamenco action

Melbourne
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Spanish language school close to any flamenco action

Hello all

I am planning to go to South America from mid January to mid March. I intend to take Spanish classes somewhere. Any suggestions? This is my "wish list" to narrow things down:

- prefer Uruguay or Argentina

- school not full of college grads

- so attended by middle aged fuddy duddies like me (38yrs)

- close to flamenco school (not tango or salsa though that would be nice too).

I've been learning flamenco for about 10 years and I find its a great way to meet a selection of like minded locals.

Muchas gracias

Punta del Este...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Punta del Este
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spanish language school close to any flamenco action

You will have the best chance of finding what you want in Buenos Aires. It's so much larger than any other city in either country (15 million in the metro area) that its offerings far outstrip any other place. A language school many seem to like there is Lenguas Vivas.

Montevideo is much smaller (1 1/2 million metro), much slower, offers many fewer options.

The second and third largest cities in Argentina are Cordoba and Rosario. You might look into them, too, if BA seems too large.

Uruguay
Destination Expert
for Colonia del Sacramento
Level Contributor
505 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spanish language school close to any flamenco action

From Buenos Aires across the river you´ll find a little town (Colonia, 20000 people) with spanish school for foreigners with DELE degree: University of Valencia. Check it at www.cpcs.edu.uy

There are also flamenco classes at the hairdressers "Paulo Valenti". I´ll find out how you can get in touch with them and let you know. Bye

3. Re: Spanish language school close to any flamenco action

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 16:20