We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do we need hotel reservations in October?

Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Do we need hotel reservations in October?

My husband and I will be traveling to Argentina and Uruguay at the end of October.

We are planning to take the ferry across from BA and rent a car and drive along the coast and spend 3 nights.

Do we need to make hotel reservations ahead at that time of year? Sometimes we like to see where the day takes us and find an interesting place to stay.

Level Contributor
21 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do we need hotel reservations in October?

I think you wont have any problems during that time, except if you are planning to come on a weekend, especially if you'd like to stay in Colonia, because many Argentinians and uruguayans go there to relax.

Destination Expert
for Colonia del Sacramento
Level Contributor
515 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do we need hotel reservations in October?

On october 12th. weekend, hotels are very busy because everybody has holydays and they go out to make reservations for the summer.

Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do we need hotel reservations in October?

I don t think, there will be a big problem to find a hotel, because you will have a car.

Yes oct the 12th is holiday, but nothing is crowded like in July.

If you feel better, you make a reservation for the first night.

Or you accept the Bouquebus-offer and go by bus until Montevideo and start the travel there.

Colonia is nice, also Colina Suiza, but then until

Montevideo is not that much to see. The most interesting is going east starting from Montevideo

4. Re: Do we need hotel reservations in October?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2009, 07:17
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question