We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta Del Este in mid November! Good idea?

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
15 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Punta Del Este in mid November! Good idea?

I'll be travelling to Buenos Aires and from there I wish to spend 2 days in Punta del Este!

I was told that if it is not summer, Punta Del Este will be a ghost city. I plan to be the November 16th. is it a good time to be there or will it be deserted?

Uruguay
Destination Expert
for Colonia del Sacramento
Level Contributor
505 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Punta Del Este in mid November! Good idea?

Not quite, but it will be very quiet. Awsome landscapes though, and I heard there are whales at this time.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
15 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Punta Del Este in mid November! Good idea?

Great! thank you very much :)

Punta del Este...
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Punta Del Este in mid November! Good idea?

You'll be in Punta mid-week, so some restaurants that open only on weekends this time of year will be closed. Your best bet for an "authentic" Punta lunch would be Virazon, on the rambla just before the port as you go out the peninsula.

Normally the weather is great in mid-November, but this year it's been chilly. Maybe it will change to normal before Nov. 16.

4. Re: Punta Del Este in mid November! Good idea?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2011, 06:42