We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta Del Diablo to Iguazu

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Punta Del Diablo to Iguazu

I am exploring other options rather than taking a boat back to Buenos Aires (which has been suggested in other forums)

A couple of inquiries..any help would be much appreciated.

1) In recent past BQB Líneas Aéreas had flights from Montevideo to Iguazu and it is still listed on their destinations list; yet, when I search for flights, none show up. Is this route still operating/any other budget flight options?

2) Is there increased bus service around new years in Punta Del Diablo? Is it difficult getting in and out?

3) Having trouble finding info on how to get from Salto bus terminal, to Concordia terminal on the weekday, (timetable of operating buses/ferry/recently train? + how long it takes)

I am looking at arriving in Salto at 19:00, while my Crucero Del Norte bus leaves from Concordia terminal to Iguazu at 21:30..does this give me enough time to cross?

Thanks!!

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
41,179 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Punta Del Diablo to Iguazu

Try Pluna. They flight to Iguazu but only a couple of times a week. www.flypluna.com

You can check bus service from Punta del Diablo to Montevideo here (site only in Spanish):

http://www.trescruces.com.uy/horarios.php

(Punta del Diablo is abbreviated Pta. del Diablo)

Sorry I can't help with your third question.

Silvia

Uruguay
Destination Expert
for Colonia del Sacramento
Level Contributor
505 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Punta Del Diablo to Iguazu

Salto to Concordia is a very short trip, there is the friendship train, recently inaugurated by both presidents, Cristina and Pepe Mujica, but I´m sure there must be a bus every while. I went to Iguazú with BQB airlines fron Montevideo in august, but apparently they had it only on certain special dates, can´t tell, but it made a stop in Salto and then went to Iguazu brasilian side, on friday and returned on sunday. When I was at Tres Cruces I also saw an advertisment of another flight to Iguazu from Montevideo.

Yangon (Rangoon...
Level Contributor
4 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Punta Del Diablo to Iguazu

Re #1, there is nonstop air service on Pluna from Montevideo to Iguassu (IGU - Brazil side) on Tuesday / Thursday / Sunday (only):

MVD - IGU Dep 540p Arr 735p

IGU - MVD Dep 815p Arr 1010p

If you want to fly to Iguazu (IGR - Argentine side) then I think you will need to fly out of Buenos Aires (Newberry, the domestic airport). Lots of flights, operated by Aerolineas Argentinas or LANArgentina.

4. Re: Punta Del Diablo to Iguazu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2012, 10:17