We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Economic situation

Eastern Ontario
Level Contributor
169 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Economic situation

We are landing in Buenos Aires Feb 2013 and I have been reading on TA about the economic issues of Argentina. We are waffling quite a bit about whether to go to Uruguay or not during our limited time and our limite budget- howver, if it is more economical to go to Uruguay that would swing our vote.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Montevideo, Uruguay
Level Contributor
102 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Economic situation

Hi cosouth, Fernando again. At Uruguay some things are cheaper (hotels, car rental, good restaurantes) but other things like tours, food, clothes have same prices than Argentina.

Regards

Fernando Semproni

Indoor Uruguay

Your local connection

Edited: 21 August 2012, 20:00
Williams, Arizona
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Economic situation

Hi Fernando,

My husband and I want to come and visit Uruguay, but don't know where to start. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated !

Thanks,

TroubledToad ( Cynthia )

Montevideo, Uruguay
Level Contributor
102 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Economic situation

Hi Cynthia, how are you, is important to know when you will come and what kind of place or vacation you want.

Fernando Semproni

Indoor Uruguay

Your local connection

San Diego...
Level Contributor
223 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Economic situation

Budget wise, I have always found Buenos Aires cheaper and more affordable. The dollar is in demand there because they are controlling the supply. Here, it's just a dollar.

Experience-wise, I think it would be great to pop-over the river and come see us. Maybe Colonia or Punta del Este, but with Pluna gone, I think the cost of getting here has risen. =(

5. Re: Economic situation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2013, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Uruguay