We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punte del April 5-7?

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Punte del April 5-7?

I will be landing in MVD on April 5 and have plans to rent a car to drive to PDE for the weekend. Based of some other reviews, I'm beginning to wonder if this is a wise move. Is there somewhere else that would be a better alternative for the weekend?

Thanks!

Montevideo, Uruguay
Destination Expert
for Uruguay, Montevideo
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Punte del April 5-7?

In my opinion, the best option for a weekend in UY, is go to Punta del Este, without a doubt.

Why you started to wonder about your decision?

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Punte del April 5-7?

Just because other reviews say there isn't much going on there in April.

Montevideo, Uruguay
Destination Expert
for Uruguay, Montevideo
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Punte del April 5-7?

Punta in April is beatiful, is pretty quite, the weather very nice, and everything is perfect.

The sunsets on the harbor, Casapueblo, and La Barra are unforgettable

For eating out: you can´t miss eat a chivito full of chips, try a uruguayan wine at night, mussels & prawns in the harbour are very recommended too. Moby Dick by the harbour is a fun pub where the young tourists gather.

Don´t forget to visit Jose Ignacio.

In my opinion Punta del Este in April is pretty quiet, not many people, the traffic is orderly, quiet ... in short Punta del Este is all yours, but, well, everyone has his opinion.

4. Re: Punte del April 5-7?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2014, 05:16