We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buquebus ferry

Mahopac, New York
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Buquebus ferry

Hola. I'm trying to order ferry tickets online from Buenos Aires to Colona, with a return from Montevideo to B.A. All went well until I came to the "compra on line page" It asks for the type of document, with the choices CUIL, CUIt or DEXT. You then have to choose a "Pais emisar de tipo doc. fact" and must enter an eleven digit cuit/cuil number. I have no idea what these are and I was not allowed to leave the questions unanswered. The form also calls for a passport number, which is easy! I would appreciate any help in interpreting these questions. Thanks! Steve

Montevideo, Uruguay
Destination Expert
for Uruguay, Montevideo
Level Contributor
1,249 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buquebus ferry

Stephen: Cuil and CUIT are data that the Argentine government use to identify citizens. I think that you’ve been on the Argentine version of the Buquebus website… argentine laws change on this time and I think they now only sells tickets to Argentine residents

If you go onto the Uruguayan version of their website (http://www.buquebus.com.uy/BQBWebV2/web/Home) then you should be able to book. Please bear in mind that the prices may now be shown in Uruguayan pesos, not Argentine pesos.

Be lucky!

Mahopac, New York
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buquebus ferry

Thanks so much! I'll try the Uruguayan site and report back if there's a problem. Steve

South East England
Level Contributor
3 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buquebus ferry

I am trying to book tickets, and the Uruguayan site doesn't get past the first page for me. Did you have any success?

Mahopac, New York
Level Contributor
66 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buquebus ferry

Yes, we did book it. My husband Steve did it. Maybe you are on the wrong site. Click on the page that Uruguay Errante posted above and try it.

Montevideo, Uruguay
Destination Expert
for Uruguay, Montevideo
Level Contributor
1,249 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buquebus ferry

ElFantasma: Today (Dec 25th) the page work fine. Try to book now, maybe was a temporary problem

South East England
Level Contributor
3 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buquebus ferry

Booked tickets online today, thank you all for your help. Not sure why it didn't work last time, but no problem today.

7. Re: Buquebus ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Uruguay