We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

walking to Buquebus terminal

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
113 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
walking to Buquebus terminal

watched a bit youtube, the Old City looks a bit ghetto (i.e not very comfortable). Is there a good/safe way to walk from Plaza Independence to Buquebus terminal (if yes, which streets) or have to take taxi?

thanx

Montevideo, Uruguay
Destination Expert
for Uruguay, Montevideo
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: walking to Buquebus terminal

Walk at day or night? At night, take a taxi. Day... well, also take a taxi if you are so concerned for your safety (less than 4u$s will cost you)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
113 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: walking to Buquebus terminal

well , it's not about $4,- really but some walking/sightseeing. what's with that stretch, north from Plaza de Independence till waterfront, then left down to Buquebus? is it OK? around 6 PM

Edited: 10 February 2014, 02:47
Montevideo, Uruguay
Destination Expert
for Uruguay, Montevideo
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: walking to Buquebus terminal

I do it every day (Monday to Friday) the way Sarandi, Colon (you could take Perez Castellanos to the port) and a robbery never happened me.

Is a safety road? not is. I repeat, if you have problems with your security take a taxi (also the way you suggest doesn´t have any attraction)

Edited: 10 February 2014, 11:45
4. Re: walking to Buquebus terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2015, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Uruguay