We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to Punta March 26-29th

birmingham, alabama
2 posts
Save Topic
Travel to Punta March 26-29th

Hi,

I was wondering if there will still be restaurants, bars, etc. open during this last weekend of March. I have been reading that it is not crowded, but I want to be sure it is worth visiting then.

Also, does Buquebus still run at this time? I have tried to check the website, but it says no times are available... Maybe it is too far away to book travel?

Many Thanks!

Punta del Este...
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel to Punta March 26-29th

Some of the restaurants that only open for the high season will have closed. Plenty of others will still be open at least on weekends, and most bars (there are only a few) will open on weekends. Clubs will not be open. The weather will still be fairly warm. There will be few people unless it's around Easter (haven't checked).

Portland
Level Contributor
724 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel to Punta March 26-29th

No, it will not be crowded in March (unless it's Easter) which in my opinion makes it much more enjoyable.

birmingham, alabama
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel to Punta March 26-29th

Thank you both for your information..

Paris
Level Contributor
443 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel to Punta March 26-29th

Around the end of November and start of December is also a very good time to visit the peninsula. Just thought I'd mention this for those who don't like crowded.

Punta del Este
Level Contributor
228 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel to Punta March 26-29th

Yes, there are two ferry companies between Bs As and either Colonia or Montevideo.

Most services will be up and running (except discos in La Barra, during the weekends lots of people from Brazil and Argentina visit Punta)

If you're interested I rent a beautiful apartment with views to the harbour and the peninsula. Enjoy!

6. Re: Travel to Punta March 26-29th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 21:19