We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cab ride from to Colonia (from Punta or from Montevideo)

Miami, FL
11 posts
Save Topic
cab ride from to Colonia (from Punta or from Montevideo)

Hello, I will be in Punta for New Years and I need to get back to Colonia on Jan2nd to catch the buquebus at 1115AM. Do you guys know roughly how much would cost a cab ride from Punta to Colonia?

I have the option of taking a bus from Punta to Montevideo, which I believe runs every 30 mins. If this is the case I would need a fast connection from Montevideo. Any suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
Montevideo
Montevideo
Montevideo Department, Uruguay
St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
224 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cab ride from to Colonia (from Punta or from Montevideo)

From Punta del Este to Colonia., Thats roughly a 4-5 hour drive, give or take.

You need to take the BUS!

The buses are great, cheap & efficient.

According to the bus schedules

http://www.trescruces.com.uy/horarios.php

take the early 4AM bus from Punta del Este to Montevideo., then catch the 6:50 or 7:45am bus from Montevideo to Colonia.

Its about a 2&1/2 - 3 hr bus ride from Montvideo to Colonia & a 2 - 2& 1/2 hr bus ride from Punta del Este to Montevideo.

Mentioned in this post
Punta del Este
Punta del Este
Maldonado Department, Uruguay
Montevideo
Montevideo
Montevideo Department, Uruguay
Uruguay
Destination Expert
for Colonia del Sacramento
Level Contributor
515 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cab ride from to Colonia (from Punta or from Montevideo)

Buquebus has their own bus to take you door to door from Punta to Colonia!

Miami, FL
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: cab ride from to Colonia (from Punta or from Montevideo)

Great, thanks for the message! After further research, that is what I found out I must do and I've already booked the bus/boat on this schedule.

Thanks again!

4. Re: cab ride from to Colonia (from Punta or from Montevideo)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2010, 05:17