We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A good idea going to Punta del Este from December 13 to 18?

Copenhagen, Denmark
6 posts
Save Topic
A good idea going to Punta del Este from December 13 to 18?

Hello everyone

I would like to know, if it is a good idea going to Punta del Este from December 13 to December 18? I understand that it is not the high season, but is Punta del Este worth visting even though it is not in high season? I would really like to go, and this period is the only one available fo me, but I don't want to go if the city is boring in this period. :)

Another question: Could someone please recommend me a good, but cheap hotel?

I hope someone can help me!

Montevideo, Uruguay
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A good idea going to Punta del Este from December 13 to 18?

As you seem to know, Punta del Este's high season runs from Christmas until February.

Having said that you probably have a pretty good time, the weather is getting hotter every day and the prices won't be that high...yet.

Punta del Este...
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A good idea going to Punta del Este from December 13 to 18?

Punta's beauty and great weather will be there, and enough restaurants will be open (especially on Friday and Saturday) that you can get a good sampling of what's offered. A rental car is highly recommended, in order to explore all the area offers. It spreads along 4 miles of coastline and goes up to 3-4 miles inland at places -- it's huge.

Can't recommend a hotel because don't know what "cheap" means to you. Plenty of web sites can give you an idea of the range of prices and the locations of the different hotels. If you see one and want advice about it, specifically, post again.

Paris
Level Contributor
443 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: A good idea going to Punta del Este from December 13 to 18?

that's the best time to go, in my opinion. February also.

Punta del Este...
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A good idea going to Punta del Este from December 13 to 18?

I notice I dropped a zero. The Punta area spreads along 40 miles of coastline, not 4 miles. A rental car is really a must, unless you want to spend a fortune in taxis or wait on the local buses.

5. Re: A good idea going to Punta del Este from December 13 to 18?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2011, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Punta del Este