We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hello all! Just wondering where the best location to stay in Punta del Este is?

I feel silly saying this but I've had a look at maps & its kind of hard to know where the "hot spots" are.

Is there a main street? Or maybe even a good hotel?

I have had a search through hotels on this site but when it comes to location I have no clue.

I'm basically looking for accommodation thats very close to the beach & everything else (restaurants, cafes etc).

I really need help!!

Thanks!!

Mentioned in this post
Punta del Este
Punta del Este
Maldonado Department, Uruguay
Uruguay
Destination Expert
for Colonia del Sacramento
Level Contributor
515 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Location

Punta del Este is a peninsula; main street is Gorlero, its axle, where you will be always close to the beach and to downtown. There are quite good places to stay there, like hotel Azul, etc. look for something next to the yacht harbour. I stay off season at hotel Palma something, where you can walk to the port and get fresh fish.

Mentioned in this post
Punta del Este
Punta del Este
Maldonado Department, Uruguay
Azul Hotel
Azul Hotel
107 Reviews
Punta del Este, Uruguay
NJ
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Location

My boyfriend and I will be going there in February and are having the same issue. Although the peninsula has good beaches I heard most of the nightlife is in La Barra. Unsure about renting a car because we don't know how to drive manual, so we want to make sure we stay in a place where we will be able to get to the fun areas.

3. Re: Location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2012, 07:32