We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

exit fee?

Port Charlotte...
Level Contributor
161 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
exit fee?

I understand there is a tax, or a fee charged when you leave Uruguay. Does anyone know what the cost is? Is there a fee charged when you enter?

Should this be paid in cash, or can you pay with credit card?

Puerto Varas, Chile
Level Contributor
473 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: exit fee?

there is the usual airport tax,

I recently flew there but LAN now includes it when you purchase your ticket.

if your ticket does not include it, ask when you do your checkin, they will direct you to a booth for payment, where they apply a barcode sticker that shows you've paid

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,168 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: exit fee?

If you're flying American, the exit tax (tasa de embarque) is included.

In any event, it's $36 for international flights, $17 if you're flying to Argentina Aeroparque airport, payable in dollars or pesos. I don't believe they accept a credit card.

You don't pay anything on entry.

Silvia

3. Re: exit fee?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Punta del Este